GDT: Tampa v. Dallas - More mediocrity or do we finally go the distance?

D82

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t agree with anything Turner or Baldy say here. 

We can bang on Zeke all day for not being as quick as he was and what he’s paid, but he had no shot on this. Jar’s piss poor block or whatever that was killed that play immediately. I mean he barely got his hands on his man. Gave Adams the angle.

Strong disagree. 1 on 1 and Zeke had the edge. Hell, he would have had the inside cut as well if he would have executed a normal cut. 

23 minutes ago, D82 said:

Feel like we could have got a good pass blocking RB for less than what we gave Zeke.

But…oh well. 

Jarwin definitely blew the block, but rookie Zeke probably gets in. 

Right, he is over paid. I am just giving him props for taking his role as a blocker so serious. 

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Strong disagree. 1 on 1 and Zeke had the edge. Hell, he would have had the inside cut as well if he would have executed a normal cut. 

Right, he is over paid. I am just giving him props for taking his role as a blocker so serious. 

Completely agree with this. Jarwin blew a block, but rookie Zeke gets into the end zone standing up (and probably current Tony Pollard does as well).

But you are also 100% correct about his pass pro. I obviously haven’t studied ever RB, but I’d be really surprised if there was a better RB at it than him. Has a legitimate impact on the offense, and saved Dak’s biscuit on multiple occasions. Have to give him credit for that. 

3 hours ago, ACO said:

I think the coaches were smart to not force the run against a top run defense. Zeke is an amazing blocker though. He did his job protecting Dak in that way to allow him to throw. The Cowboys won't be playing elite teams like the Bucs  every week, so Zeke will bounce back in the run game.

True he was great at blitz pick up.

I thought when he ran the ball he looked slow & sluggish. Also his RAC was really poor.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Zeke had nothing there. Adams had Jar beat before Zeke even had the ball in his hands.
Rookie Zeke maybe beats him, but that guy doesn’t exist anymore. 

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Zeke had nothing there. Adams had Jar beat before Zeke even had the ball in his hands.
Rookie Zeke maybe beats him, but that guy doesn’t exist anymore. 

I think that’s everyone’s point. It’s bad that you can’t rely on Zeke to make a practice squad call-up miss in the open field.

• Like 2