2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

19 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but its pretty hard to misinterpret "I love me some me".

Doesn't make him a bad person, just abrasive and a ******. Which is fine, the world is a rainbow and takes all kinds.

Absolute classic soundbite(s). Will be shown for years to come! 

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

I guess I never counted on that, I assumed something more like a 4 this year would happen with the possibility of a 2nd rounder next year with escalators. I think Barrows was more on that path. I haven't read King in a couple of years and never Breer, not trying to say bad things about them just fallen off the King train with his movement and never been on the Breer one.

Jimmy was probably the worst QB option of all the major QB's to be traded/re-signed this offseason and worse than a healthy Baker too 

He's also on the last year of his deal so he would need an extension

And then he had a last minute surgery which screwed everything up

Sometimes you get dealt a difficult hand....maybe we get the Wentz deal if he was healthy but wasn't there a report that he didn't even want to go there? I know his NTC expired but no team wants an average QB who doesn't buy in to your program

I'm also not really into the draft this year....complete 180 from last year with all the QB intrigue. Not as much this year though when we're deciding to draft a DE, OG, C, or S with the 61st pick haha 

Edited by 49ersfan

Since the 9ers interviewed Jurgens and Toure of Nebraska, I decided to watch some footage of them. Watching the Nebraska/Oklahoma game (ugh, it was ugly, over all!) I have seen Cam Jurgens flagged twice: Unsportsmanlike conduct and a personal foul. He blocks hard but has got to pay attention to the whistle. 

Toure didn't get a lot of passes in this game, but I do think he would be a great choice beginning in round 3. He has some of everything: size, speed, quickness, good hands, good routes... Just needs to learn more all around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sharpie is still the greatest touchdown celebration in football history

😒

Going to have to agree to disagree. 

My favorite was in '96. Steve Young had some groin issues and had to leave a game. Problem was, our back up was knocked out of the game. So, either go to our 3rd string or back to Steve. Steve goes in and wins it with a TD run. When he gets to the endzone, Rice is there waiting with open arms. Steve jumps into them, with Rice cradling him! It was so funny and weird at the same time. In an interview after the game, Steve revealed that he felt fine running, but it hurt to stop. So, Jerry helped him out!

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sharpie is still the greatest touchdown celebration in football history

Monday Night game down 21-20 and then scoring and pulling out the sharpie was amazing lol. Funny thing is IIRC, he scored earlier in the game but did not pull the sharpie out because his agent was on the other end of the stadium LOL.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really wish Cole Strange weren't that old. Will be 24 before the season starts, but I really feel like there's a clear drop off from he and Parham to the next group. 

I'm fascinated in how we plan to deal with right tackle. This administration has been very aggressive with tackle and there's a lot of variety of C+ kind of guys to sift through if we don't do a blockbuster trade. Awkward mauling with Faalele? Smooth and very athletic but small armed with Deisch? Pretty polished but not very fluid (and few outside zone reps) with Abraham? Any one of the big, guardy, mauly, not very good at pass blocking guys like Tyler Smith or Jamaree Salyer or Sean Rhyan? I have no idea what they'd end up preferring. Last year's OL haul suggest the last group, but I have no feel any more. XP

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really wish Cole Strange weren't that old. Will be 24 before the season starts, but I really feel like there's a clear drop off from he and Parham to the next group. 

I have never had an issue with a prospect starting their career at 24.  27+, now that is different....

I wonder if this was us? 

"If you can find the tape, go watch him against South Carolina in 2018. He was probably about 285 pounds but that joker was getting after it against Javon Kinlaw, who was a lot bigger and stronger." -- Scouting director for NFC team

I would be ecstatic to get this guy. I want to see the TC battles with him vs Kinlaw/Armstead/Bosa!

I would prefer trenches first: speed rusher and OL. Then, perhaps S. 

34 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'm fascinated in how we plan to deal with right tackle. This administration has been very aggressive with tackle and there's a lot of variety of C+ kind of guys to sift through if we don't do a blockbuster trade. Awkward mauling with Faalele? Smooth and very athletic but small armed with Deisch? Pretty polished but not very fluid (and few outside zone reps) with Abraham? Any one of the big, guardy, mauly, not very good at pass blocking guys like Tyler Smith or Jamaree Salyer or Sean Rhyan? I have no idea what they'd end up preferring. Last year's OL haul suggest the last group, but I have no feel any more. XP

I do like Faalele but know little about the rest...

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I have never had an issue with a prospect starting their career at 24.  27+, now that is different....

Age 24 is usually when I start to check out...at least super early (first 50 picks or so). 

But it also depends on what position they play