2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

21 hours ago, GW21 said:

This has gotta be a move by NO to get capital to go up for a QB right? 

I would say Philly are hoping Winston craps the bed and they end up with a top 10 pick so they can chase a QB.

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

I would say Philly are hoping Winston craps the bed and they end up with a top 10 pick so they can chase a QB.

I would think so too, especially in a year like next year where there are some guys projected to go high.

Not even going to lie, being unable to trade #10 and pick up an additional day two pick has put such a sour taste in my mouth that I haven't even tried putting any time looking into these prospects. I know we don't have a first round pick and that's probably a big reason I care less about the draft than usual but I couldn't believe when I saw on Get Up this morning that the draft is only 21 days away lol. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not even going to lie, being unable to trade #10 and pick up an additional day two pick has put such a sour taste in my mouth that I haven't even tried putting any time looking into these prospects. I know we don't have a first round pick and that's probably a big reason I care less about the draft than usual but I couldn't believe when I saw on Get Up this morning that the draft is only 21 days away lol. 

The not trading Jimmy thing hasn't left a sour taste in my mouth, but having to wait 60 picks before we get a selection has definitely affected my usual fervor for the draft so I'm with you there.

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

The not trading Jimmy thing hasn't left a sour taste in my mouth, but having to wait 60 picks before we get a selection has definitely affected my usual fervor for the draft so I'm with you there.

Well, when you have writers like Peter King and Albert Breer saying the Niners can get a 2nd rounder for Jimmy, you start buying into the hype...If that would have happened, we wouldn't have had to wait until pick 60 to make our first pick lol.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, when you have writers like Peter King and Albert Breer saying the Niners can get a 2nd rounder for Jimmy, you start buying into the hype...If that would have happened, we wouldn't have had to wait until pick 60 to make our first pick lol.

I guess I never counted on that, I assumed something more like a 4 this year would happen with the possibility of a 2nd rounder next year with escalators. I think Barrows was more on that path. I haven't read King in a couple of years and never Breer, not trying to say bad things about them just fallen off the King train with his movement and never been on the Breer one.

I know this is tongue in cheek but its pretty hard to misinterpret "I love me some me".

Doesn't make him a bad person, just abrasive and a ******. Which is fine, the world is a rainbow and takes all kinds.