2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

WizardHawk brought this up in the draft forum, but Linderbaum couldn't work out at the Iowa pro day. I have no idea what's going on with his draft stock at this point. 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone took  him in the top 20, and I also wouldn't be shocked if he was sitting there at 61 now. 

No testing numbers at all on him because of the injury, among the shortest arms we have ever seen....I'm starting to think that a drop out of round 1 is more likely than not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

WizardHawk brought this up in the draft forum, but Linderbaum couldn't work out at the Iowa pro day. I have no idea what's going on with his draft stock at this point. 

I wouldn't be surprised if someone took  him in the top 20, and I also wouldn't be shocked if he was sitting there at 61 now. 

No testing numbers at all on him because of the injury, among the shortest arms we have ever seen....I'm starting to think that a drop out of round 1 is more likely than not. 

This feels like one of those situations where people start to downplay or doubt the success on the field in favor of bad test numbers and general draft season stuff. Then, the guy falls, a team scoops him up and is a standout for many years. 

I could be way off on this, but it just feels like one of those situations. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This feels like one of those situations where people start to downplay or doubt the success on the field in favor of bad test numbers and general draft season stuff. Then, the guy falls, a team scoops him up and is a standout for many years. 

I could be way off on this, but it just feels like one of those situations. 

I could 100% see that. I also could see why he would fall...he was already going to go lower than I think his on field performance would justified (I think he's a top 10 player in this draft if you are just accounting for how well each of these guys do their job). 

I'm perfectly fine if he stumbles in the second round and we make a move to go get him. He's likely going to be off a number of boards because of the arm length. Like, Jax needs a center but I feel like there is no way in hell Trent "I need long arms" Baalke drafts him, and I don't think Jax / Baalke will be the only one to have him off the board. 

On 4/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, StevenK said:

It seems like the Niners love South Carolina players, what’s the chances of us taking Enagbare (Edge) if he falls to us. 

I'm really starting to warm up on Enagbare. Quite a bit. But as someone else mentioned...if you're lookign for that twitchy, explosive Dee Ford replacement, he's not it. He just doesn't fire off. Seems like a 5T / 4I type who could slide inside and play some 3T as well. 

We had a tight relationship with Will Muschamp who was the head coach at South Carolina, but he was fired midway through 2020, I think. That said, he is the one who recruited Enagbare, so he could still be a resource to help with that selection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Would you guys take Sam Williams at 61? I keep debating on how I Feel about that. 

I wouldn’t hate it. I remember looking into him a while back and felt like there was something I didn’t like about him but was on board for taking him at 93. I know he had some off the field stuff, but idk if that was it that I’m thinking of.

He certainly looks the part and I think he’d be ready for a role as a nickel pass rusher from the jump.

Edit: ok I think the one thing that turned me off a bit, other than the sexual assault charge against him that was dropped, was I googled his age and found out that Sam Williams is 24; but I’m an idiot and apparently there is a singer named Sam Williams that is 24 which is what I saw. Age isn’t always a huge thing for me, but if he was coming in already at 24 that’d be somewhat of red flag for me. He just turned 23 March 31st for those wondering.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lqw4rypky1pao34l80

Edited by GW21

8 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. I remember looking into him a while back and felt like there was something I didn’t like about him but was on board for taking him at 93. I know he had some off the field stuff, but idk if that was it that I’m thinking of.

He certainly looks the part and I think he’d be ready for a role as a nickel pass rusher from the jump.

I'm very torn. If you're looking for the athletic freak guy, he's probably your best bet at 61 on the edge, I'm thinking, but he's still a little stiff. But he's a true edge.

Still debating on if I'd go edge or corner first

Just now, Forge said:

I'm very torn. If you're looking for the athletic freak guy, he's probably your best bet at 61 on the edge, I'm thinking, but he's still a little stiff. But he's a true edge.

Still debating on if I'd go edge or corner first

I really like Drake Jackson’s upside in our defense personally, but I could see him taking a little longer to grow into a role than Williams. I definitely see the appeal of Williams as he has juice off the edge and a motor to go along with it.

Another guy that’s really grown on me is Jalen Pitre, who I think could be a stud at safety for us.

Hopefully we don’t make our decision based on position when it comes time to pick though. I think our roster is strong enough to truly be picking BPA at this point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Age isn’t always a huge thing for me, but if he was coming in already at 24 that’d be somewhat of red flag for me. He just turned 23 March 31st for those wondering.

Lots of old prospects in the draft. The extra year of eligibility was big

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lots of old prospects in the draft. The extra year of eligibility was big

Yeah for sure. Seems like I read we were meeting with someone that’ll be a 25 year old rookie.