2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Lot of growing smoke that Walker is who the Jags want at #1 

Baalke loves long arms. Hutch doesn't have long arms. 

Walker is going to be a monster and is basically a stronger, more beefy version of Josh Allen 

He's +350 on bovada to be #1 overall still... 

Hutch is obvious #2 pick at that point and the lions run to the podium. It's fitting that Bosas evil cousin who went to Michigan would go #2 overall 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really starting to warm up on Enagbare. Quite a bit. But as someone else mentioned...if you're lookign for that twitchy, explosive Dee Ford replacement, he's not it. He just doesn't fire off. Seems like a 5T / 4I type who could slide inside and play some 3T as well. 

We had a tight relationship with Will Muschamp who was the head coach at South Carolina, but he was fired midway through 2020, I think. That said, he is the one who recruited Enagbare, so he could still be a resource to help with that selection. 

Good, he's at Georgia now, hopefully that'll mean more UGA guys for us. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Would you guys take Sam Williams at 61? I keep debating on how I Feel about that. 

Yup. But then I've been talking about him off and on for months... It's basically a high 3rd round pick at 61--more or less. He does have a lot to learn, but he brings speed and quickness a-plenty. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm really starting to warm up on Enagbare. Quite a bit. But as someone else mentioned...if you're lookign for that twitchy, explosive Dee Ford replacement, he's not it. He just doesn't fire off. Seems like a 5T / 4I type who could slide inside and play some 3T as well. 

We had a tight relationship with Will Muschamp who was the head coach at South Carolina, but he was fired midway through 2020, I think. That said, he is the one who recruited Enagbare, so he could still be a resource to help with that selection. 

See, I really don't like Enagbare's tape. I know that he has a really nice pass rush win rate/pressure rate from all of the metrics sites. But I just don't see much of a plan outside of "have really long arms and make contact with the opponent's chest first for a disengage". He doesn't use them to swipe at arms inside and outside and through for a combo platter. He doesn't even go "one arm is longer than two" very often. I didn't see the push/pull stuff that I'd expect for those long arms. He just kind of beat up on tackles that couldn't handle that length without a refined moveset. And he doesn't have burst to win the edge otherwise. He tested like a pretty meh athlete (minus the ~35" arms and a pretty impressive vertical). I don't like a lot of guys tape in this draft that people are jumping on as second rounders. All of the usual suspects outside of Ebeketie and Mafe aren't really my jam. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Would you guys take Sam Williams at 61? I keep debating on how I Feel about that. 

Yes, we have good coaching at the DL/Edge positions and he's clearly a freak athlete that could end up being an explosive pass rusher...May not be the consistent three down player, but that shouldn't matter at the end of the 2nd round. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, we have good coaching at the DL/Edge positions and he's clearly a freak athlete that could end up being an explosive pass rusher...May not be the consistent three down player, but that shouldn't matter at the end of the 2nd round. 

And we have Bosa to further edumicate him... 😈 😎

12 hours ago, GW21 said:

I wouldn’t hate it. I remember looking into him a while back and felt like there was something I didn’t like about him but was on board for taking him at 93. I know he had some off the field stuff, but idk if that was it that I’m thinking of.

He certainly looks the part and I think he’d be ready for a role as a nickel pass rusher from the jump.

Edit: ok I think the one thing that turned me off a bit, other than the sexual assault charge against him that was dropped, was I googled his age and found out that Sam Williams is 24; but I’m an idiot and apparently there is a singer named Sam Williams that is 24 which is what I saw. Age isn’t always a huge thing for me, but if he was coming in already at 24 that’d be somewhat of red flag for me. He just turned 23 March 31st for those wondering.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886lqw4rypky1pao34l80

Ole Miss does use a wide front at times and I think that benefits Sam Williams a great deal...both the fact that he's done it and we use it. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

See, I really don't like Enagbare's tape. I know that he has a really nice pass rush win rate/pressure rate from all of the metrics sites. But I just don't see much of a plan outside of "have really long arms and make contact with the opponent's chest first for a disengage". He doesn't use them to swipe at arms inside and outside and through for a combo platter. He doesn't even go "one arm is longer than two" very often. I didn't see the push/pull stuff that I'd expect for those long arms. He just kind of beat up on tackles that couldn't handle that length without a refined moveset. And he doesn't have burst to win the edge otherwise. He tested like a pretty meh athlete (minus the ~35" arms and a pretty impressive vertical). I don't like a lot of guys tape in this draft that people are jumping on as second rounders. All of the usual suspects outside of Ebeketie and Mafe aren't really my jam. 

He wins a lot at the point of attack, I think, but I agree that there isn't a lot of after that. I think he's a successful pass rusher, but an inefficient one. I don't mind the lack of technique, I think that is something he can learn. His go to (successful) move seems to be that little shimmy where he gets inside leverage and then can swipe an OT's arms down which I find interesting. There's a power component that is missing from his pass rush. 

I do believe that his best NFL performance for us is going to come as ostensibly as a double stacked 4i-ish pass rusher, which probably isn't what we are looking for. Those long arms would be deadly against guards. He can probably have some success as a traditional 5T, but truthfully, and this is one of the bigger issues I have against him, he's a complete wash in the run game in my opinion. In the games I watched, he just a non factor pretty consistently. He's also insanely, insanely slow off the snap. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

He wins a lot at the point of attack, I think, but I agree that there isn't a lot of after that. I think he's a successful pass rusher, but an inefficient one. I don't mind the lack of technique, I think that is something he can learn. His go to (successful) move seems to be that little shimmy where he gets inside leverage and then can swipe an OT's arms down which I find interesting. There's a power component that is missing from his pass rush. 

I do believe that his best NFL performance for us is going to come as ostensibly as a double stacked 4i-ish pass rusher, which probably isn't what we are looking for. Those long arms would be deadly against guards. He can probably have some success as a traditional 5T, but truthfully, and this is one of the bigger issues I have against him, he's a complete wash in the run game in my opinion. In the games I watched, he just a non factor pretty consistently. He's also insanely, insanely slow off the snap. 

😨 Definitely not what I am looking for (regarding the bolded part, in particular)... 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I can see him being useful against guards. Like you say, the long arms only play better inside. But that’s a pretty large project for a guy that didn’t do that a ton in college. At that point, you are evaluating him against Cameron Thomas and especially Logan Hall. Hall has legit reps at straight 3T all over his tape. That’s what he does. He got up to 283. I think he can jumbo end and 3T on 3rd downs easy from day 1. Thomas I have no idea what to do with. He played all over from 3 to 4i to 5 to 9 and showed good hand use and burst in college. He tested pretty well athletically, but he’s undersized if you want to use him the way he was used in college. He was still heavier than Enagbare, but Enagbare’s longer arms and strength help him to hold up with less bulk than his comparables. Either way, I think there are guys that are less of a project at Jumbo end/3T that are better athletically than Enagbare (except for arm length).

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Running a 4.7 40 will do that. If you're going to be a top pick in the draft while playing safety, you better not have any major red flags. 

If linderbaum falls into the second, I don't think it's likely he gets past the jets, but I'd really want us to start making calls

• Like 2