2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I really do like Josh Johnson. He doesn't quite fill what we need imo - Ray Ray McCloud and Deebo and Aiyuk are going to get our small slot and gadget touches - but Johnson would definitely be a useful flyer for other teams. He's really shifty and useful enough after the catch. Rambo I like too. He's really good at boxing people out at the catch point and is reasonably fluid for a physical receiver. But again, not really a 49ers guy. Maybe a backup to Jajaun Jennings at big slot? But Rambo doesn't have a key skill for that role in that he isn't good after the catch. Ross is like Rambo but even less twitchy somehow. I haven't seen the others actually. Would be fascinated to hear what they are like. 

Gray is a track guy. Good after the catch, and can stretch the field,  hands inspired by Vernon Davis. He's intriguing, but not someone I'd crush on. He is a guy that I keep watch on in the middle rounds to take though

Ross is an interesting case. Looked like a beast at Clemson his freshman year and then he had to have spinal fusion or something like that so he missed a year, didn't really reach another level when he was about to get on the field again. Think there's concern about that. 

Charleston Rambo--I have said a couple of times in the Mock Draft thread that I would be VERY happy to get Rambo. He spent most of his college years at Oklahoma and I wanted so much for him to have more success than he had. He has size, speed, decent hands...just couldn't get on the field enough for some reason. 

14 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I like Brisker, but wonder if we will have to trade up to get him? I heard Nick Cross is flying up draft boards, so we should be able to get him at 61. 

Yeah I don't think I've seen a mock where Brisker lasted until 61.

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I like Brisker, but wonder if we will have to trade up to get him? I heard Nick Cross is flying up draft boards, so we should be able to get him at 61. 

Probably, but I've already stated that he's one of the few I'd actually be okay with trading up for. 

Also, it's very important to pay attention to these for the niners because before the pandemic, the "official visits" that we were made aware of were highly indicative of our draft selections. So if he's visiting, put a lot of weight behind him being an option. 

After that, I'd monitor the center market closely. If there's a guy that we really want, I feel like we almost have to take him at 61 as both the Jets and Jacksonville need centers moving forward, and if they haven't taken one in the first two rounds, they should be very likely to be looking in that area come round 3 (so Strange, Jurgens, etc). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably, but I've already stated that he's one of the few I'd actually be okay with trading up for. 

Also, it's very important to pay attention to these for the niners because before the pandemic, the "official visits" that we were made aware of were highly indicative of our draft selections. So if he's visiting, put a lot of weight behind him being an option. 

After that, I'd monitor the center market closely. If there's a guy that we really want, I feel like we almost have to take him at 61 as both the Jets and Jacksonville need centers moving forward, and if they haven't taken one in the first two rounds, they should be very likely to be looking in that area come round 3 (so Strange, Jurgens, etc). 

Agreed. I know Joe Staley has trained with Jurgens and like what he has to offer. 

10 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Agreed. I know Joe Staley has trained with Jurgens and like what he has to offer. 

When I found out his nickname is Beef Jurgy, and he makes beef jerky that he named Beef Jurgy, he became my favourite prospect in the draft (granted, I haven't watched any prospect at all this year). So I'm firmly on the Beef Jurgy bandwagon. Staley is only solidifying that.

• Like 3

Just now, rudyZ said:

When I found out his nickname is Beef Jurgy, and he makes beef jerky that he named Beef Jurgy, he became my favourite prospect in the draft (granted, I haven't watched any prospect at all this year). So I'm firmly on the Beef Jurgy bandwagon. Staley is only solidifying that.

I like him even more now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

lol. I was unaware of this factoid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

lol. I was unaware of this factoid. 

He was on the Rich Eisen show last week or so. He talked about the jerky. Down to earth guy, enjoys his meats. If people tell me he's a good player on top of that, I'm all in. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

That definitely makes up for the fact that Jürgen is probably one of the most boring German names you can have.

13 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

That definitely makes up for the fact that Jürgen is probably one of the most boring German names you can have.

No offense for your language, but if you told me Jürgen is the german name for a venereal disease, I'd believe you. "Scheiße, I caught the jürgens!"

On the other hand: "Want some Beef Jurgy?" I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Malone was actually a guy I liked last year lol. He decided to go back. Didn't help or hurt his stock. He was ultra productive in college, good athlete, but he's undersized for a lot of teams in their scheme. 240 is probably the top of his weight range. Wouldn't be surprised if some teams are looking at him as a SAM as opposed to a traditional EDGE.

He's a great match for a replacement for the Ebukam role in this defense, though,  so I can see why we would be interested. 

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Malone was actually a guy I liked last year lol. He decided to go back. Didn't help or hurt his stock. He was ultra productive in college, good athlete, but he's undersized for a lot of teams in their scheme. 240 is probably the top of his weight range. Wouldn't be surprised if some teams are looking at him as a SAM as opposed to a traditional EDGE.

He's a great match for a replacement for the Ebukam role in this defense, though,  so I can see why we would be interested. 

According to 49er webzone, this is an official 30 visit