Texans trade CB Bradley Roby to Saints

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

You spending too much time looking at box scores?
Saints have (possibly) the #1 or #2 O-line in the league, top 5 running back, an emerging WR that is proving to be crazy good, and a QB who has put up mega numbers with garbage coaching.
Watch a game and then get back to everybody.

The Saints beat the Buccaneers two out of three last year. And they did so with the rotting corpse of Drew Brees who had zero arm strength, with one of those times him not having a fully functional thumb. The Saints have lost Trey Hendrickson and replaced him with a 1st round DE. They lost Jack Rabbit and replaced him with Roby. They lost Emmanuel Sanders and replaced him with the far superior Marquez Callaway. They lost Jared Cook, who sucked...and replaced him with Adam Trautman and Juwan Johnson. The biggest loss by a country mile is the suspension of David Onyemata (but the Saints will still be a top 3 run defense regardless). The otherwise didn't lose a soul. They still have a top 3 OL...frankly I think that they are probably the best considering that 2020 OG Cesar Ruiz was easily the weakest link on the OL and looks night-day better this season. CGM was completely useless last season. I'm not expecting anything from his this year, but if he even dose something this year he'll be an upgrade to last year. And as I said before, Marcus Davenport and Zack Baun both look incredible this season...both players who should be substantially better than last year. You don't know how it will play out until it does, but the Saints still have the pieces in place to be a very good team.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints beat the Buccaneers two out of three last year. And they did so with the rotting corpse of Drew Brees who had zero arm strength, with one of those times him not having a fully functional thumb. The Saints have lost Trey Hendrickson and replaced him with a 1st round DE. They lost Jack Rabbit and replaced him with Roby. They lost Emmanuel Sanders and replaced him with the far superior Marquez Callaway. They lost Jared Cook, who sucked...and replaced him with Adam Trautman and Juwan Johnson. The biggest loss by a country margin is the suspension of David Onyemata (but the Saints will still be a top 3 run defense regardless). The otherwise didn't lose a soul. They still have a top 3 OL...frankly I think that they are probably the best considering that 2020 OG Cesar Ruiz was easily the weakest link on the OL and looks night-day better this season. CGM was completely useless last season. I'm not expecting anything from his this year, but if he even dose something this year he'll be an upgrade to last year. And as I said before, Marcus Davenport and Zack Baun both look incredible this season...both players who should be substantially better than last year. You don't know how it will play out until it does, but the Saints still have the pieces in place to be a very good team.

Yeah, I think people look at the loss of Brees, and the injury to MT and think "there goes the offense". Well, Brees has been sub-par for at least 3 seasons, and MT was hurt ALL of last season.
I'm actually really excited to see what Winston can do with full focus from a proven coach. We see what Payton did with Brees, now let's see if he can do the same with Winston.

On a kind of related note; what is going on with Gareon Conley? He wouldn't have cost anything other than his contract. I wanted the Niners to kick the tires on him, but they went the Josh Norman route instead. I haven't been able to find anything that'd be keeping him unsigned. I know he had an injury last year, but I would assume that he's recovered by now. Is he just horrible at football now? I know he had a slow start in Oakland, but from what I remember he started to turn it around a bit and played decent in Houston. I could be way off there though. 

21 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

You spending too much time looking at box scores?
Saints have (possibly) the #1 or #2 O-line in the league, top 5 running back, an emerging WR that is proving to be crazy good, and a QB who has put up mega numbers with garbage coaching.
Watch a game and then get back to everybody.

They haven’t played a game yet, soâ€Ĥ I’m having a hard time figuring out what they’re going to be. Their offense could be a dumpster fire outside of Kamara. They don’t have a WR proving to be “crazy good” and you’re still counting on Winston, who coming into the league I thought was going to be a big hit because he’s got the talent, but in the NFL he hasn’t put it together, yet. So I’m struggling to put my finger on it, they could be a 12 win team, they could just as easily be a 4 win team. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

On a kind of related note; what is going on with Gareon Conley? He wouldn't have cost anything other than his contract. I wanted the Niners to kick the tires on him, but they went the Josh Norman route instead. I haven't been able to find anything that'd be keeping him unsigned. I know he had an injury last year, but I would assume that he's recovered by now. Is he just horrible at football now? I know he had a slow start in Oakland, but from what I remember he started to turn it around a bit and played decent in Houston. I could be way off there though. 

I don't think he's under contract anymore...

I don't think he improved either; He just looked better playing alongside a secondary so bad it should be called a thirdiary.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't think he's under contract anymore...

I don't think he improved either; He just looked better playing alongside a secondary so bad it should be called a thirdiary.

giphy.gif

lol that got me. I knew he was a free agent, that's what is surprising to me. I figured someone would have at least brought him in for camp or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

if we're being totally honest - if Texans had dealt Watson for a major pick package, plus tanked this year they would actually have been in a pretty damn reasonable spot. They would be incredibly pick heavy, they would have tons of cap space moving forward, and they would actually have looked really good by getting out ahead of this Watson situation (albeit, they didn't know at the time)

Here's the only thing - any trades made before the start of the new league year is in principal only. That don't execute until after the new league year started.

- Tony Buzbee filed his first case/posted to Instagram on 03/16/21.

- 2021 League year started on 03/17/21.

Even if the Texans traded him before the start of the new league year, the recipient could quickly revoke the trade when the legal issues started.

I don't disagree with you in theory, but the legal issues started right before anything would have been "official" with the league. 

Check out how insanely low the Saints base salaries are already:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints/

Williams is on a 5th year option and no one else is above 2.35 million.

They are holding 37.5 million in dead cap.

They are already 25 million over next year's cap without Armstead, Lattimore, both Williams DBs, or a QB besides Book.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GW21 said:

He was hurt as a rookie but flashed during his second season, all of our fanbase thought he'd be a solid starter long-term. Then he got hit by Abram and hurt his neck, came back, and was traded to Houston.