Texans trade CB Bradley Roby to Saints

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Texans are the second oldest team in football and likely have the worst roster in the league.... they have no choice but to tank at this point.

The remind me of the Lions team that faced the Bucs last year, but add in Tyrod Taylor.

They will probably have more 20+ point losses than total wins.

14 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The Texans are the second oldest team in football and likely have the worst roster in the league.... they have no choice but to tank at this point.

There is a lot of BoB to purge from the building (not saying the guys in the building are doing a better job, mind you - I'm of the mindset that they're not really doing much, but I'm a pessimist by nature).

Food for thought - roughly 2 years ago (maybe even less) this franchise was two quarters away from hosting an AFCCG against Tennessee (who had beaten #1 Baltimore in Baltimore). Had BoB not faked a punt in his own territory, who knows what would have transpired.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There is a lot of BoB to purge from the building (not saying the guys in the building are doing a better job, mind you - I'm of the mindset that they're not really doing much, but I'm a pessimist by nature).

Food for thought - roughly 2 years ago (maybe even less) this franchise was two quarters away from hosting an AFCCG against Tennessee (who had beaten #1 Baltimore in Baltimore). Had BoB not faked a punt in his own territory, who knows what would have transpired.

Even then it was papering over cracks, wouldn't you say? Rot had taken root

But yeah that fake punt was...something. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Even then it was papering over cracks, wouldn't you say? Rot had taken root

Winning cures everything, so I definitely call it a crossroads. Had the Texans not collapsed in such epic fashion, I think a lot of the subsequent moves made afterwards (specifically the Hopkins trade) don't take place. That trade is the equivalent of Chernobyl and the USSR - a nuclear disaster, one that was the beginning of the end for the Soviet Union.

But that's just a guess on my end, who knows.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

So this is a NHL style trade.

The Texans changed his salary into mostly bonus so they could eat more cap hit.

The Saints have sent the Texans multiple picks to cover for the salary shenanigans  (no details yet on what those picks are)

This is a great deal for Houston. A 3rd plus another pick for the suspension dude who is making 10 a year and is not a special player?

Its yet another 'pretend we can win the Super Bowl this year' deal for the Saints that kills the future.

Roby is due about 10 million next year, pushing the Saints to 35 million over the cap and missing lots of players.

Now they are dealing valuable picks due to their cap hole.

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This is a great deal for Houston. A 3rd plus another pick for the suspension dude who is making 10 a year and is not a special player?

Its yet another 'pretend we can win the Super Bowl this year' deal for the Saints that kills the future.

Roby is due about 10 million next year, pushing the Saints to 35 million over the cap and missing lots of players.

Now they are dealing valuable picks due to their cap hole.

I do not disagree with anything that is said in this post, and that worries me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You will never get me to complain about a team trying year in and year out and competing superbowl or not. 

Because on the other end of my fandom spectrum i have the pelicans who cant do anything right and its a miserable existence. Lol

I remember just a few months ago when  people were salivating over the certainty that the Saints were going to have to start voiding contracts and field nothing but UDFAs to be able to play in 2021. 

Funny how that talk fizzled out when the Saints fixed their cap following the same strategy fans and beat writers had been saying they would use the entire previous season. 

Glad to see the narrative hasn’t changed…. I’m ready for another year of it.

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I remember just a few months ago when  people were salivating over the certainty that the Saints were going to have to start voiding contracts and field nothing but UDFAs to be able to play in 2021. 

Funny how that talk fizzled out when the Saints fixed their cap following the same strategy fans and beat writers had been saying they would use the entire previous season. 

Glad to see the narrative hasn’t changed…. I’m ready for another year of it.

It really is kind of surprising how little fans seem to understand the many (many, many, many, many, many) ways the cap can be manipulated.