Texans trade CB Bradley Roby to Saints

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

@ET80 how excited would 2019 you be if I told you the Texans would be in prime position to take the top QB in the 2022 NFL Draft 

*Shrug*

I'm numb to it now, but then? I'd probably shoot you.

Totally don't understand this one. If it's for anything lower than a 3rd, I'll be convinced Nick Caserio is an idiot.

• Like 1

honestly.. just go full tank

if we're being totally honest - if Texans had dealt Watson for a major pick package, plus tanked this year they would actually have been in a pretty damn reasonable spot. They would be incredibly pick heavy, they would have tons of cap space moving forward, and they would actually have looked really good by getting out ahead of this Watson situation (albeit, they didn't know at the time)

now, best case scenario is Watson never plays another snap for them. They trade him in the offseason for a lesser package than they could have had in March. And they eat a bunch of cap in a future year

That's the most underrated part of the whole thing. If you're going to take an egregious cap hit, do it in a year you have zero intentions of competiting anyway. Don't delay it until you WANT to start rebuilding

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

I'm numb to it now, but then? I'd probably shoot you.

Totally don't understand this one. If it's for anything lower than a 3rd, I'll be convinced Nick Caserio is an idiot.

I'm going with a day 3 pick cuz cesario is an idiot. 

If u r gonna tank u should be starting mills to see if he's got it or not since y'all spent a 3 on him

43 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Wonder what the Stains gave up for this guy. Also wonder if it even matters I can’t get a good feel for the Saints this season, defense could carry the day but that offense seems like it’s going to be a huge letdown. 

You spending too much time looking at box scores?
Saints have (possibly) the #1 or #2 O-line in the league, top 5 running back, an emerging WR that is proving to be crazy good, and a QB who has put up mega numbers with garbage coaching.
Watch a game and then get back to everybody.