Joe Giradi will not return as manager of the Yankees

Scalamania

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I'm totally fine with someone internal like Pena or Rob Thompson as manager.  I have no issues with more of the same.

Also A-Rod would literally give roids to all our players please no xD

Judge on roids? Hell yes.

20 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I'm totally fine with someone internal like Pena or Rob Thompson as manager.  I have no issues with more of the same.

Also A-Rod would literally give roids to all our players please no xD

It would almost be worth making Joe Espada manager so he wouldn't be third base coach anymore. 

As a side note, how insane is it that Pena hasn't gotten a manager gig in 12 years?  Not that his stint in KC was noteworthy but kind of weird for a guy, especially someone as likable and connected as Pena, to get one shot at managing then hang around as a high profile assistant coach for more than a decade without getting another call.  It wasn't his fault KC was a horrible team.

I could see Jays maybe making a move even with back to back ALCS from Gibby.

Early opinion from media outlets in Toronto is Jays gonna spend this winter when I would hope they take a step back this off season. A Donaldson extension and JD Martinez run sounds realistic right now 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:52 PM, mission27 said:

Pedrique would probably be a good choice too tbh.  Cashman hopefully has a finger on the pulse of whether that is a good idea, but the guy seems to have the respect of the players and knows them very well.

This is who I think they hire. Someone who has coached the younger kids, likable, also more controllable than Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived