God of War: Ragnarok (Nov 9th)

BobbyPhil1781

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Best method so far is the toggle trick on Best Buy (posted a video of what to do in the PS5 thread)

sign up for the invite programs too, they aren’t great but could get lucky there.

I signed up for invites.   I got one a few months ago from Sony, but they messaged me only a few hours before it went live and I missed it.

Until now I haven't been urgently looking to get one, but at this point, Id really like to get one before October, because I have a feeling Ill have zero chance of getting one between October and January.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 43M said:

I signed up for invites.   I got one a few months ago from Sony, but they messaged me only a few hours before it went live and I missed it.

Until now I haven't been urgently looking to get one, but at this point, Id really like to get one before October, because I have a feeling Ill have zero chance of getting one between October and January.

You should follow this Matt Swider guy on Twitter. He alerts everyone when Sony, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, etc get theirs in and when they're available to purchase. 

Just the easiest way I've found to obtain one

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine from PS Direct a month ago. I think that's still probably your best bet.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:25 PM, 43M said:

You don't strictly need an invite. You just need a link to get into the queue.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

I got mine from PS Direct a month ago. I think that's still probably your best bet.

You don't strictly need an invite. You just need a link to get into the queue.

How do you get that link without an invite?

I got an invite that I missed awhile back, and since then I haven't gotten anything.  :/

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

How do you get that link without an invite?

I got an invite that I missed awhile back, and since then I haven't gotten anything.  :/

@PS5StockAlerts on Twitter posts them when they go live

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

November 9th can't come soon enough.  Gonna be hard to not want to finish this game in 3 days lol

Ill probably wait until sometime next year, but its going to be tough.    I am currently playing through Horizon Zero Dawn again before I play Forbidden West, and I want to play through God of War again before Ragnarok.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, 43M said:

Ill probably wait until sometime next year, but its going to be tough.    I am currently playing through Horizon Zero Dawn again before I play Forbidden West, and I want to play through God of War again before Ragnarok.

I started my second playthrough on Friday. I'm determined to beat that final Valkyrie this time. I'm at the part where you kill Thor's son (Modi?), Atreus gets sick and you bring him to Freya, then get the blades of chaos and have to beat the gatekeeper for his heart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't spend full price on most single player games because there's so many low quality games released these days. Outside of like this and Elden Ring, probably nothing worth full price this year unless I forgot something. Even a game like Horizon Forbidden West. I'll pick that up on Black Friday when it's on sale.

I'll probably end up getting this one.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, showtime said:

I usually don't spend full price on most single player games because there's so many low quality games released these days. Outside of like this and Elden Ring, probably nothing worth full price this year unless I forgot something. Even a game like Horizon Forbidden West. I'll pick that up on Black Friday when it's on sale.

I'll probably end up getting this one.

I preordered the Deluxe Edition... this is the first time I have preordered a game in at least 5 years. So hyped. I'm STILL after 2 playthroughs trying to beat the damn final Valkyrie 😬