TNF Week 8: Miami (4-2) @ Baltimore (3-4)

cddolphin

Winner?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2017 at 12:25 AM

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm going to defend Enrique here. Given that he's played for both Buffalo and Miami, I ought to have an idea if he's dirty or not, as my team faces him twice a year. Never noticed it before, and one hit doesn't make you dirty. Didn't see him in college though. Also, it's so easy to accidentally smack a QBs head whilst he's going down like that. Could he have pulled out? Yes, but I think he was going for the chest. Just Flacco was already on the way down. So, NOT a dirty player, for me. 

If he’s being at all smart then he doesn’t hit a QB who’s sliding. He’s down where he gives himself up, so it’s not as if putting a hit on the QB saves the team a few yards.

It doesn’t really matter if he’s got previous or is labelled a dirty player or not. He’s made a conscious decision to put a hit on a sliding QB and he’s ended up launching his shoulder into the ballcarrier’s head, causing a concussion. That’s the risk he took, or maybe that’s what he was intending. We can only guess.

Either way, it lies somewhere between complete stupidity and malicious cheap shot.

2 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

If he’s being at all smart then he doesn’t hit a QB who’s sliding. He’s down where he gives himself up, so it’s not as if putting a hit on the QB saves the team a few yards.

It doesn’t really matter if he’s got previous or is labelled a dirty player or not. He’s made a conscious decision to put a hit on a sliding QB and he’s ended up launching his shoulder into the ballcarrier’s head, causing a concussion. That’s the risk he took, or maybe that’s what he was intending. We can only guess.

Either way, it lies somewhere between complete stupidity and malicious cheap shot.

I agree. Just saying i've never noticed malice before. Seemed a real finesse type of LB.

They wouldn't call a flag or have a suspension if that same play happened to a runner and Flacco clearly slid way too late and gave Kiko less than a second to adjust course. If your a QB you slide when nobody is within 10 yards of you. Otherwise it's just stupid and the QB should run every play and go down at the last moment to either get the most yardage possible and/or induce a flag.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't think I've ever seen so many people on this board be so up in arms over possible dirty/illegal hits quite like this year. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Anyways, I hope Joe Flacco is okay.

It's the conditioning that the QB is different from everyone else and they somehow should never be touched. 10 years ago even guys like Brady and Manning were getting drilled anytime someone had a shot on them. Now you can go almost 10 yards past the line of scrimmage in a full sprint, pull up and do the most awkward slide imaginable at the last second, get hit by another guy going at full force, and somehow it's one of the dirtiest hits possible. 

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It's the conditioning that the QB is different from everyone else and they somehow should never be touched. 10 years ago even guys like Brady and Manning were getting drilled anytime someone had a shot on them. Now you can go almost 10 yards past the line of scrimmage in a full sprint, pull up and do the most awkward slide imaginable at the last second, get hit by another guy going at full force, and somehow it's one of the dirtiest hits possible. 

Thanks, Bernard Pollard.

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't think I've ever seen so many people on this board be so up in arms over possible dirty/illegal hits quite like this year. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

everybody is pissed off about everything these days... message boards, twitter, facebook, the real world....everywhere 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Thanks, Bernard Pollard.

The funny thing is the Pollard hit was about as opposite as you can get from this. It was a QB in the pocket who was about to throw the ball and Pollard coming in  from his blindside and going for a hit straight below his knee. It was about as text book as you can get on what not to do. 

This situation was a QB running about 10 or so yards outside the pocket, who should have slid three yards earlier, staying on his feet longer to get a first down, and then when he had a full speed defender right in front of him he did the most awkward looking slide ever where it's almost like he tried to go on straight to his butt just as Kiko was going down for the hit with less than a second of forewarning for him to get choice. 

Like I can see you protecting a stationary target who isn't bracing for a hit who is more prone to get injured over it. But if you're a QB running past the line of scrimmage, the onus is on you to either give yourself up with plenty of time to avoid a hit. In that situation it's pretty clear that Flacco stayed on his feet longer than he wanted to try for the first down and pulled up with very little time for the defender. Again even watching the video at .25 the speed it's still very fast from the second Flacco's knees buckle to the point where Kiko makes contact. Flacco would have been safer to just brace himself, lower his shoulder and try to move sideways to avoid a direct hit.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm going to defend Enrique here. Given that he's played for both Buffalo and Miami, I ought to have an idea if he's dirty or not, as my team faces him twice a year. Never noticed it before, and one hit doesn't make you dirty. Didn't see him in college though. Also, it's so easy to accidentally smack a QBs head whilst he's going down like that. Could he have pulled out? Yes, but I think he was going for the chest. Just Flacco was already on the way down. So, NOT a dirty player, for me. 

One bad, stupid, unnecessary hit to the head on a sliding player IMO doesn't make a guy a dirty player absolutely agree. Doesn't make the hit any better and sorry but going for the chest on a sliding player is just bad there are so many ways for you and for him that it can go wrong. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

The funny thing is the Pollard hit was about as opposite as you can get from this. It was a QB in the pocket who was about to throw the ball and Pollard coming in  from his blindside and going for a hit straight below his knee. It was about as text book as you can get on what not to do. 

This situation was a QB running about 10 or so yards outside the pocket, who should have slid three yards earlier, staying on his feet longer to get a first down, and then when he had a full speed defender right in front of him he did the most awkward looking slide ever where it's almost like he tried to go on straight to his butt just as Kiko was going down for the hit with less than a second of forewarning for him to get choice. 

Like I can see you protecting a stationary target who isn't bracing for a hit who is more prone to get injured over it. But if you're a QB running past the line of scrimmage, the onus is on you to either give yourself up with plenty of time to avoid a hit. In that situation it's pretty clear that Flacco stayed on his feet longer than he wanted to try for the first down and pulled up with very little time for the defender. Again even watching the video at .25 the speed it's still very fast from the second Flacco's knees buckle to the point where Kiko makes contact. Flacco would have been safer to just brace himself, lower his shoulder and try to move sideways to avoid a direct hit.

Oh I get that it's different. I just think that's when the major perception of QB hits changed from the public perspective, and when the NFL started protecting them more.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Tell that to the Ravens fans who wanted Kiko targeted and purposefully hurt, included one of the mods 9_9

It was a close play, but Alonso know what he was doing, he could have pulled up its evident in the videos. I agree Flacco should have slid sooner, but Alonso didnt need to go in with a knockout blow either. So I put the blame 50/50. IM just glad the team did their thing and embarrassed the dolphins once again

Regardless, Im sure with the 10 days rest, we will see Flacco against Tennessee, he probably wont be running for any first down though

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think it's also the series of dirty play throughout the night. You have the hit from Alonso, then the attempted eye gouge on the same play, then the throat grab and toss from Suh... Just a surprisingly dirty game I guess. Phins were probably very frustrated, what with the sucking.

Archived