2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Another few in the plus column for Zimmer is he has access to a ready-made staff so could fill some of the gaps…also the Vikings aren’t as bad as people think they are…5 of their 9 loses this year have been by 4 points or less.

The Vikings are absolutely not a bad team. Too bad Zimmer will probably get fired, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

The Vikings are absolutely not a bad team. Too bad Zimmer will probably get fired, anyway. 

If your building the dream coaching staff for Moore it would be...

OC...Greg Olson

DC...Mike Zimmer

ST...Rich Bisaccia (who shoudl 100% get the LV job given how he has held that franchise together but knowing the Raiders they will want a bigger name).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If your building the dream coaching staff for Moore it would be...

OC...Greg Olson

DC...Mike Zimmer

ST...Rich Bisaccia (who shoudl 100% get the LV job given how he has held that franchise together but knowing the Raiders they will want a bigger name).

Perfect. Although folks may want to convince me otherwise...

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

They under achieved in his tenure.  Not really this year, but some other years.

I'm hard pressed to be convinced of that, with Cousins as their starter. And I don't even hate Cousins--he simply is middle of the road, as far as QBs go. 

I think Moore is a year away from being an HC. However, I don’t think you could get him in a year, so it would have to be a “buy early” situation. 

i would love zimmer as a DC - great defensive mind, wouldn’t have to worry about the rest of the staff, would really allow for a offensive minded guy to only worry about the offense, has a SMOKING hot gf, and I think he might be old enough that teams would think twice about hiring him as a retread. 

What are the HC openings this off-season?

jax

chicago (presumably)

vegas

maybe texans?

maybe denver

probably Minnesota 

long shot Carolina 

am I forgetting anywhere? Based on this list, there are at MOST 7 openings, which I still feel is low 

I would be happy with the following guys as our HC: harbaugh, toub, Daboll, leftwich, Moore, mcdaniels 

would need to be convinced, but would give benefit of the doubt: pederson, bieniemy (boy, as this guy lost his shine, I think Nagy killed it)

I hope that Justin is enough to bring in a top guy, but I think we have a good chance at landing a decent HC. Especially if culley and Vic survive where they’re at, and Vegas keeps rich B (which if they make the playoffs, for only the second time since 2002, they have to strongly consider)

Rodgers said he’d heard the comments, which included Arkush calling him a “bad guy” and didn’t hold back in his response.

“His problem is I’m not vaccinated,” Rodgers said. “So if he wants to go on a crusade and collude and come up with an extra letter to put on the award just for this season and make it the “Most Valuable Vaccinated Player” then he should do that.

LOL

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, HuskieBear said:

What are the HC openings this off-season?

jax

chicago (presumably)

vegas

maybe texans?

maybe denver

probably Minnesota 

long shot Carolina 

am I forgetting anywhere? Based on this list, there are at MOST 7 openings, which I still feel is low 

I would be happy with the following guys as our HC: harbaugh, toub, Daboll, leftwich, Moore, mcdaniels 

would need to be convinced, but would give benefit of the doubt: pederson, bieniemy (boy, as this guy lost his shine, I think Nagy killed it)

I hope that Justin is enough to bring in a top guy, but I think we have a good chance at landing a decent HC. Especially if culley and Vic survive where they’re at, and Vegas keeps rich B (which if they make the playoffs, for only the second time since 2002, they have to strongly consider)

I’d throw the Giants on the list as a potential opening.  I think 6-7 openings is pretty average.

7 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...I mean, they came out and said Joe Judge is safe. Teams don't usually do that if it's not the case...

They did...then he went full on crazy in a presser and then preceded to basically admit to a form of player tampering...not the actions of a man who feels safe in his job role...I wouldn't close the book on him being fired just yet...hopefully he isn't though as it creates less competition for us in a huge market.