2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Every time I think the Bears run a clown show rinky dink operation (which is hopefully changing), I look at Jacksonville and IMMEDIATELY feel better. 

Jax & Houston are complete **** shows.

I don't think many viable candidates want to work for them

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Could actually be real good for them.  Not a flashy hire, but that’s probably exactly what they need right now.  

…maybe Doug will want to trade for his old super bowl hero?

I like Pederson but no way can I see Foles going back to Jax lol.

I think Flip has a better chance of going back though

Maybe Nagy gets a job there too?

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Could actually be real good for them.  Not a flashy hire, but that’s probably exactly what they need right now.  

…maybe Doug will want to trade for his old super bowl hero?

It's a really good hire for us...hopefully Bisaccia & Marinelli are confirmed by the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else hoping Pederson wants to give us back a 4th for Foles? 😂

I would be first in line to witness the transaction. I would even throw in a tin of Garretts popcorn to seal the deal. Ryan, make it happen. Now!

Edited by Bigbear72

Just now, dll2000 said:

Great point. 

Also can you imagine being interviewed for 9 hours? 

I can’t stand 20 minute meetings. 

But I have talked with coaches for hours on end.  Entire days.  So there is that.  I guess it depends on what is being discussed.  

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I mean I'm hoping they give up the 33rd overall pick for him, but you can wish in 1 hand and **** in the other. No one is giving up a 4th for Nick Foles

Especially not Jacksonville. Does anyone not remember the obvious impact Foles’ presence on the roster had on Wentz after Foles won the SB with Pederson after Wentz got hurt? That says a lot more about Wentz than Pederson IMO, but at the same time I can’t imagine he wants to raise even the most remote possibility of that for and with Lawrence.

Then again, Jacksonville has yet to make a move I thought made sense this offseason. Doesn’t exactly give me confidence in my ticket on Evan Neal #1 overall pick… 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Especially not Jacksonville. Does anyone not remember the obvious impact Foles’ presence on the roster had on Wentz after Foles won the SB with Pederson after Wentz got hurt? That says a lot more about Wentz than Pederson IMO, but at the same time I can’t imagine he wants to raise even the most remote possibility of that for and with Lawrence.

Then again, Jacksonville has yet to make a move I thought made sense this offseason. Doesn’t exactly give me confidence in my ticket on Evan Neal #1 overall pick… 

It is amazing to me how many NFL franchises with nigh unlimited resources are so incompetent and dysfunctional.  

Look it’s a 32 man yearly tournament and those are hard to win no matter the game.  But the bottom 10 or so are almost gimmies and would never win without reverse draft order and scheduling.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It is amazing to me how many NFL franchises with nigh unlimited resources are so incompetent and dysfunctional.  

Look it’s a 32 man yearly tournament and those are hard to win no matter the game.  But the bottom 10 or so are almost gimmies and would never win without reverse draft order and scheduling.  

Bears are in bottom 10 btw.