Lions CB Jeff Okudah ruptures Achilles

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wasn’t he highest rated of all the Ohio St CBs that have come out over the years? 

Idk, but their track record is getting a bit blah. Conley, Arnette, now Okudah. 

Lattimore is good, but gets dinged up a bit and isn't the brightest star in the sky. Wade was a bit tumbler in the draft. Etc. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Idk, but their track record is getting a bit blah. Conley, Arnette, now Okudah. 

Lattimore is good, but gets dinged up a bit and isn't the brightest star in the sky. Wade was a bit tumbler in the draft. Etc. 

Bro, Oregon has only 3 cornerbacks in the NFL currently and only one of them is starting (Terrence Mitchell who was replaced in Cleveland because of his performance or lack thereof and is playing for a tanking team) Relax, especially when they dont have anywhere close to the pedigree of OSU historically.  

Edited by MSURacerDT55

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Dang he's worse (and more injury prone) than Jeff Gladney, and Gladney's career is already over.

How are we saying he is worse than Gladney? Okudah didn't even get to finish one game this season and was supposedly having a great camp. Let's slow down there and let it play out. He allowed that big TD to Deebo, but he didn't have bad coverage on that play, just didn't get his head turned around. Aside from that, he was hardly targeted and had one pass breakup I believe. The injury sucks but Sherman returned from a torn Achilles at a much older age and had an all pro season. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, Oregon has only 3 cornerbacks in the NFL currently and only one of them is starting (Terrence Mitchell who was replaced in Cleveland because of his performance or lack thereof and is playing for a tanking team) Relax, especially when they dont have anywhere close to the pedigree of OSU historically.  

Bro, I didn't bring up Oregon CBs at all, did I? 

Guess what else? Oregon not having a bunch of CBs in the league doesn't negate OSU putting a bunch of busts in the league.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Jeff could probably use a change of scenery once he's done rehabbing from this injury. Or at least a position change to Safety or something. Black cloud has hung over his head since he hit the league.

The Deebo TD is a super hard pass to defend. It's a great play by Deebo to track it and catch it. And Pleasant picked him up after that play when he came to the sideline. Pleasant is a great coach. He knows when to yell (i.e., when Okudah gets greedy and doesn't execute his run fit) and when to build a guy up. It's unfortunate that Okudah suffered this injury. I think Pleasant would have had him playing up to his potential if given time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wasn’t he highest rated of all the Ohio St CBs that have come out over the years? 

Yeah....not sure whats really going on but Jeff is way too talented to be playing like a UDFA.

I had him higher than Lattimore, Ward, Arnette, Roby, Conley and Wade. His technique combined with his mental understanding was what made him special. Not sure whats happened with all that.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Dang he's worse (and more injury prone) than Jeff Gladney, and Gladney's career is already over.

I'd still take him over Gladney.  Even if Okudah never plays another down for Detroit, at least he's not a first class knucklehead like Gladney turned out to be.  It just goes to show how hard it is to draft players who will be successful in the league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Jeff could probably use a change of scenery once he's done rehabbing from this injury. Or at least a position change to Safety or something. Black cloud has hung over his head since he hit the league.

Yeah rough day for Okudah. Didn't see him get hurt though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd still take him over Gladney.  Even if Okudah never plays another down for Detroit, at least he's not a first class knucklehead like Gladney turned out to be.  It just goes to show how hard it is to draft players who will be successful in the league.

I'd even go as far as to say Gladney's a real goofball. 

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bro, I didn't bring up Oregon CBs at all, did I? 

Guess what else? Oregon not having a bunch of CBs in the league doesn't negate OSU putting a bunch of busts in the league.

Cool with being average, thats wassup...

I'd take being elite in college and failing than being average 10 times out of 10.