Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Rashod Bateman or Curtis Samuel out there?

I actually just dropped Bateman a few  weeks back and someone swooped...smh.. I just dont trust a rookie wideout with no training camp and with Lamar Jackson as his QB

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

thank you. I've swapped Chark for Indie, so can run both Ds :) 

There's got to be some mild perk in it for you too that as long as the Jets are trash, you keep reaping fantasy rewards from playing the defenses that are trashing them.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:26 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

Looks like Mixon and Montgomery will miss some time. Who do you think would be the better add: Damien Williams or Samaje Perine?

I'd go with Damien Williams. Mixon is at practice this week so even if his workload is limited for a couple of weeks he's still a factor. Montgomery is going to miss the next 5 games. Assuming Fields remains the starter I'd assume they'll use him in the running game more to make up for Montgomery's absence. But Williams has already been a factor in the passing game and if it's PPR I think he'll get you consistent points as sort of a safety valve for Fields. 

Adding Trey Lance could be a league winning move for me. Ideally he balls out and makes plays with his legs because if he does I think he has a real chance of remaining the starter going forward. If he does I'll look to trade him later on for another player who can help my team immediately. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Adding Trey Lance could be a league winning move for me. Ideally he balls out and makes plays with his legs because if he does I think he has a real chance of remaining the starter going forward. If he does I'll look to trade him later on for another player who can help my team immediately. 

Is Jimmy officially out or is this a speculation move?

28 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is Jimmy officially out or is this a speculation move?

Speculative. They said there's a chance Jimmy could play this week but he has been hurt in 3/4 seasons with the 49ers so I personally don't have a ton of faith in his ability to stay healthy. If he does miss this week and Lance plays well I could see the team sticking with him. I have Jalen Hurts so I don't even really need another QB but I'm hoping that Lance balls this week so I can trade him.

• Like 1

I also picked up Alex Collins from Seattle. The Seahawks just placed Rashaad Penny on IR and Chris Carson is reportedly dealing with a neck injury. They have a short week with a game against the Rams tomorrow so I don't expect Carson will play. But even last week Carson had 13 carries/30 yards + 1 catch/1 yard while Collins had 10 carries/44 yards/1 TD and 2 catches/34 yards. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Picked up Collins but my team is stacked with RB's and lacking depth at WR. Dropped Collins for Toney but have waiver wire requests for Robby and Samuel. Thoughts?

Curtis Samuel for me may be a another week or 2 until he gets a full workload

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Curtis Samuel for me may be a another week or 2 until he gets a full workload

I think I'm just going to hold onto Toney. Sheppard/Slayton are both trending to be out this week and Toney had 9 targets (25% target share) last week with them both sidelined. Golladay is apparently banged up as well so I'm hoping that Toney can establish his role as their 1st round pick.