Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

I feel we match up better with Seattle than we did with Arizona. Murray's mobility killed us and while Wilson can run it's not the same. Also Seattle is not as talented in the front seven and certainly does not have the pass rush juice Arizona has.

However, they are great on offense and playing well on defense. Their home opener with fans back yeah that's a tall task.

I don't see the Titans winning this game but I do see it being a close one. That being said either Metcalf or Lockett are going to get theirs hope we can at least slow down one of them.

I also am concerned about our playcalling. It was crap on offense and defense last week. That comes down to coaching a lot of the time. Needs to be better.

Also Vrabel's comment about the 53rd kicker while comical is also not funny. That's on Robinson first, and him second. Had multiple offseasons to fix the problem and yet still couldn't get it done. Would have been better off keeping our 4th rounder and taking a kicker there instead of Dez Fitzpatrick.

Todd Downing literally broke PFFs predictive model that forecasts their projected records. The model dropped us to like a 5 win team because Todd Downing was 11 standard deviations below average as a play-caller and they had to fix the model.

Lmao. As someone who watched his play-calling I can say that checks out.

7 minutes ago, AteBoxx said:

This whole downing thing is such a downer... I feel so disappointed already for what was supposed to be our best year in over a decade

I'll give Downing a couple games before I just outright want to ship him out.  Art wasn't great at first, til he found his own playcalling voice. Took him a minute.

But this offense is run first and Downing is doing that straight up and down. Went back and looked at some games last year and it really wasn't drastically different. Art did more play action on 1st downs.  

39 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'll give Downing a couple games before I just outright want to ship him out.  Art wasn't great at first, til he found his own playcalling voice. Took him a minute.

But this offense is run first and Downing is doing that straight up and down. Went back and looked at some games last year and it really wasn't drastically different. Art did more play action on 1st downs.  

i dunno i think it was less art finding his voice and more art finding ryan tannehill lol

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

damn maybe he should have tried it on first down then. jesus christ

I tried my best to assume that no coach would look at the pieces of this offense and abandon PA, but I guess we were warned.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12330211/julio-jones-trade-gives-tennessee-titans-offensive-coordinator-todd-downing-dream-do-over

Downing lived in 11 personnel for 70 per cent of the time while offensive coordinator of the Oakland Raiders in 2017, and though his options mean that could prove the case again he may well be hoping it's where the similarities end.

Downing called play-action just 14 percent of the time (30th in the league) during his stint as Raiders offensive coordinator

Though I will say, combining his Raiders strategy of never using PA with Arthur’s strategy of constant 12 and 13 personnel is kind of incredible. He could’ve went the other direction (more 11 personnel/spread looks with a continued dose of heavy PA), but I guess that would make way too much sense.