Raiders file complaint to league regarding dirty hits on WR Hunter Renfrow

RaidersAreOne

Queens hit was unnecessary, but thats football, sometimes guys hit their opponent unnecessarily. 

It didn't look any worse than other hits like that one that happen every game. It definitely didn't look dangerous, just shoved him as he crossed the field and came into his territory.

I think the correct response would have been for Renfrow to tell his teammates "hey queen is roughing me up when there's no need to, get him back for me" next thing you know your OT is taking queen all the way to the bench on an "extended block" , then youre even

no reason for the coaches (or whoever it was) to cry to the NFL based on the queen hit, but i heard there was another?

Edited by Dome

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Queens hit was unnecessary, but thats football, sometimes guys hit their opponent unnecessarily. 

It didn't look any worse than other hits like that one that happen every game. It definitely didn't look dangerous, just shoved him as he crossed the field and came into his territory.

Keep in mind Renfrow on the Queen play is roughly 5 yards downfield, which is right about the territory where defenders CAN hit you if you're crossing them.

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think that anyone is saying that anyone needs to get suspended over a single play. But if there is a series of plays of a player being targeted, it should at least be investigated. 

Bro if you showed me a clip of CJG doing this to McCaffrey, or Jenkins to Julio, or Lattimore to Evans I would be laughing my *** off. Wouldn't you?

If your DB or LB gets the chance to put an opponents WR on his ***, you usually want them to do it.

I just watched it again to make sure, I imagined CJG closelining Christian McCaffrey. It's hilarious. 

He knocked Renfrow down. He didn't twist his ankle in the pile, he didn't go for the kill shot to his helmet, he didn't dive at a knee during a block, he just knocked him down. If that is truly the play the Raiders are complaining about, this is one of the softest things that will happen this year.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

I just saw the one where Renfrow is further downfield, not crossing the field, op tweet didn't load correctly originally.

yeah, unnecessary and cheap, should've been a flag... but as far as intent to injure goes, there's absolutely nothing IMO... it's aggravating and provoking him more than hurting him, he is wearing pads after all, he would be getting hit much much harder if he was being tackled.

It appears that the Ravens decided they were just going to **** on Renfrow all night, it sucks for him but it's part of the game.

It's not like they were trying to remove him from the game by hurting him, looks to me like they just decided to make his life hell and were willing to risk penalties to make it happen. IDK how many more of these hits the refs missed, we'll see if any of them are actually dirty or more of this, just guys trying to ruin his night.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Bro if you showed me a clip of CJG doing this to McCaffrey, or Jenkins to Julio, or Lattimore to Evans I would be laughing my *** off. Wouldn't you?

If your DB or LB gets the chance to put an opponents WR on his ***, you usually want them to do it.

I just watched it again to make sure, I imagined CJG closelining Christian McCaffrey. It's hilarious. 

He knocked Renfrow down. He didn't twist his ankle in the pile, he didn't go for the kill shot to his helmet, he didn't dive at a knee during a block, he just knocked him down. If that is truly the play the Raiders are complaining about, this is one of the softest things that will happen this year.

Both of the hits looked like cheap shots. If there are even more shots like that…then I wouldn’t say that’s typical. I honestly don’t care about the Ravens…I have no dog in the fight. But if CJGJ repeatedly hit a WR like that I’d be expecting a full fledge bountygate investigation against the Saints. Sorry…my empathy is rock bottom. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

There was clearly a premeditated bounty placed on Renfrow. It goes WAY up the chain. I can't say any more without putting myself in danger. Good luck.

Lamar gonna punk out on you for telling like Baby Boy Brees did? 

Dont worry about it. His shade is about as on point as his passes 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Both of the hits looked like cheap shots. If there are even more shots like that…then I wouldn’t say that’s typical.

I'm not saying he wasn't being targeted, to be clear.

I just don't think it looks like there is an intent to injure from the clipsI saw. It looks like there is intent to knock him around as much as possible. If they decided they wanted him out of the game they'd take the 15 yarder on a H2H and call it good or twist his ankle on a tackle. If that happened and is revealed I'll definitely be singing another tune.

But if CJGJ repeatedly hit a WR like that I’d be expecting a full fledge bountygate investigation against the Saints. Sorry…my empathy is rock bottom. 

Do you think the two clips in this thread show intent to cause injury? 

I see two hits, but would love to see the rest when they're out, I'm sure there's more. So do you think that CGJ knocking down a WR twice would even catch your eye? 

56 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm not saying he wasn't being targeted, to be clear.

I just don't think it looks like there is an intent to injure from the clipsI saw. It looks like there is intent to knock him around as much as possible. If they decided they wanted him out of the game they'd take the 15 yarder on a H2H and call it good or twist his ankle on a tackle. If that happened and is revealed I'll definitely be singing another tune.

Do you think the two clips in this thread show intent to cause injury? 

I see two hits, but would love to see the rest when they're out, I'm sure there's more. So do you think that CGJ knocking down a WR twice would even catch your eye? 

I’m with you in wanting to see the other hits. There is a presumption that there are more. If CJGJ delivered those cheap shots…if they were pointed out to me I’d be really nervous about his availability for future games. It would catch my eye.