EDGE rushers

lark25

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Saw him mocked to the Bucs and went and looked myself

couldnt agree more

i dont get it

and wouldnt want to spend a 1st on him

Did you not watch him at the Senior bowl?  He was outstanding there,  and it is not like that Minnesota DL is full of 1st round picks or something so he got plenty of attention yet still was productive especially this last year being his best.  The dude has improved every year he has been on the team and has a lot of upside and potential especially with NFL DL coaching.

4.53 40 time and a 41.5" vertical is not bad either, and sure some Mock him to the Bucs because JPP is what done for almost, Barrett gets hurt a lot and they need another edge rusher who can be athletic enough to play a 3/4 OLB spot and Mafe might be the best one there and if they pass on him might not be another good one in that late 2nd round.  Then again they might be able to grap Myjai Sanders late 2nd round and I have them going for Wyatt in the 1st.  Unless they think Anthony Nelson is that guy which I doubt, and odd they were able to sign Keanu Neal but he was so cheap I guess why not.  

On 4/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, lark25 said:

Keep in mind Gary did very little his first 2 years, has had 1 good season with a good d-line and other teams giving smith more attention.

Yeah he surprised me, but he needs to back it up this year for me to be convinced 

This is so wrong in so many ways. Did you dislike Gary as a prospect? He played very little in year 1. Was very productive in year 2 in the time he did get… playing behind Smith and Smith. Stud in year 3. Nobody was doubling Preston Smith and singling up Gary. The opposite would be more true. And the Packers do not have a good DL. They had one good DL in Kenny Clark and absolutely no depth at EDGE with Z Smith out all year and Mercilus barely playing before he got hurt.

Edited by TheEagle

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Did you not watch him at the Senior bowl?  He was outstanding there,  and it is not like that Minnesota DL is full of 1st round picks or something so he got plenty of attention yet still was productive especially this last year being his best.  The dude has improved every year he has been on the team and has a lot of upside and potential especially with NFL DL coaching.

4.53 40 time and a 41.5" vertical is not bad either, and sure some Mock him to the Bucs because JPP is what done for almost, Barrett gets hurt a lot and they need another edge rusher who can be athletic enough to play a 3/4 OLB spot and Mafe might be the best one there and if they pass on him might not be another good one in that late 2nd round.  Then again they might be able to grap Myjai Sanders late 2nd round and I have them going for Wyatt in the 1st.  Unless they think Anthony Nelson is that guy which I doubt, and odd they were able to sign Keanu Neal but he was so cheap I guess why not.  

Mafe was dominant at the Senior Bowl. I’m intrigued by him. I could see the Packers taking him, Travis Jones, or Daxton Hill as a surprise pick in round 1—although Gutekunst tends to draft younger prospects than Mafe in round 1.

22 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

This is so wrong in so many ways. Did you dislike Gary as a prospect? He played very little in year 1. Was very productive in year 2 in the time he did get… playing behind Smith and Smith. Stud in year 3. Nobody was doubling Preston Smith and singling up Gary. The opposite would be more true. And the Packers do not have a good DL. They had one good DL in Kenny Clark and absolutely no depth at EDGE with Z Smith out all year and Mercilus barely playing before he got hurt.

My understanding was he was ok, not spectacular in 2020. Pff grade around 67 and Packers D Line is pretty solid.

I dont dislike him, but I did think he was a total reach when drafted. The athleticism is fantastic obviously but just wasn't sure he'd put it together, so I can acknowledge there may be some bias due to those anchors.

Let's agree he was just ok to good in 2020, too raw to play much in 2019 and had a very strong 2021 season. 

I still want to see another strong season before I consider him close to elite.

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Production isn't my issue with him. It's his lack of development as a pass rusher and being the last guy out of his stance that concern me. Would it stop me from taking him in Round 1? Nope. Would it stop me from taking him in the top 5? Maybe. Would it stop me from taking him in the top 2? Yes.

I get that but also as I continue to say, these guys are all raw, they all need things to work on. These teams go into it knowing this, this is why these position coaches get paid so handsomely to work on issues with this. Maybe I may be a victim of being overly simplistic about this but I just don't see any fatal flaw its not like he isn't willing to, maybe he just need to be lined up at a position where he can show his ability as a pass rusher unlike how he was at UGA. Maybe the Odafe Oweh situation has me optimistic that these position coaches can get these guys up to speed. 

What I will say is wherever he goes, hopefully he has a guy on the other side who is at least a threat so that he wont have to deal with the pressure of being the guy from day one.

32 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Still one of the biggest headscratchers. Mayock was great in rds 4 and 5 though

A lot of our fans think that Gruden controlled the early rounds which is why we basically always reached for need on guys from huge programs and Mayock ran things later in the draft. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, Ozzy said:

yeah that senior bowl is conflicting for me because he did look really good there, but the highlights/tape i've seen dont match his senior bowl performance. I just like other guys more 🤷‍♂️ i would rather take Ebeketie

I think Myjai Sanders is way to undersized for an Edge too, he's explosive sure but idk if he'll make it at 230lbs, and the only thing he has going for him is his first step and explosion which if he gains 15-20lbs, is that still going to be there? idk but i wouldnt risk it

I definitely think we need another Edge though or 5 tech