Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Lets be honest both QB's have played like rookies

All the rookie QBs struggling in the NFL. Actually, a lot of QBs are looking bad right now.  The Patriots defense is super opportunistic and always seems to grab the INTs. 

Broncos defense is really good too, so next week going to be another hard game.  We started the season going up against some really good defenses. 

I sound like a broken record but Zach Wilson IS NOT THE ANSWER and we had a QB in Sam. This team is given a QB and paired him with a bad HC. Then we draft a bad QB and pair him with a good HC. We had the perfect match and let it go with Sam and Saleh. This team is just cursed and always will be. I don't care what anyone says. Wilson made SEVERAL horrible reads and passes. This has NOTHING to do with anybody but the bum Wilson himself. We just threw away another 5 years. The jets will stick with Wilson for 3 years and then move onto a new QB and ride him for at least 2 years. The cycle just keeps going on. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

All the rookie QBs struggling in the NFL. Actually, a lot of QBs are looking bad right now.  The Patriots defense is super opportunistic and always seems to grab the INTs. 

Broncos defense is really good too, so next week going to be another hard game.  We started the season going up against some really good defenses. 

All NFL teams look good going a against a junk QB like Wilson. Guy just throws the ball right to them. No way can anyone say Wilson looks good. He is plan bad. He had guys WIDE open and still could not hit them in stride. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets fans are unbearable., the culture won't change because Jets fans enjoy being miserable and want people released after one bad game. They simply give up and don't see things with perspective. 

You have not been a jet fan long enough. Try being one for 38 years. What in the world can you be happy about? I'm tired of the excuses!!!! I use to have my son where Jet gear until he turned 7. He liked Tampa because of the logo and pirate ship. This was 3 years ago and now he loves it even more. I'm glad my son escaped the claws. 

Facts are Wilson has been garbage through 2 games. He had a “pass” week 1 Bc of poor OL play and no run game. He had protection and had a run game today. And looked worse.

I believe someone on here said that keeping Darnold is what this team should do. That QB wasn’t the problem it was everything else that was.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Facts are Wilson has been garbage through 2 games. He had a “pass” week 1 Bc of poor OL play and no run game. He had protection and had a run game today. And looked worse.

I believe someone on here said that keeping Darnold is what this team should do. That QB wasn’t the problem it was everything else that was.

This will haunt Jet fans for a VERY long time. Darnold fell right in their lap and just threw him away. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

All I want us to do is sign a vet QB. I'm  fine with the other positions and the defense is doing better than expected. 

Not saying this to get rid of wilson.  Just to give him someone he can learn from and also give us another option if Wilson continues to struggle. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he wasn't garbage week 1, he pretty much single handedly brought us back into the game to make it close against a defense that is really talented.  He made some unbelievable throws.

This week he struggled badly, against a defense that does this to young QBs often. We have had Darnold throw 4 INTs vs the Patriots in year 2.  They always do this to us.

I was a Darnold defender, but I still believe that the wise move was to trade Darnold and draft Wilson because I believe Wilson shows special talent.  We are a very bad team, Darnold would be struggling right now here as well.  Then where would we be? With Wilson we have 4 years after this of cost control. Darnold needs to get paid soon.

This team needs to add a bunch of players, they are a complete rebuild. This past offseason was Douglas blwoing it all up and saying we are starting from scratch. If Jets fans can't take that oh well, but the reality is our team has been so bad that a start over was necessary. This season isn't going to be pretty, we aren't winning 10 games, we have 6-7 rookies starting. This season is about development and growth, next season is when we could reasonably become better if things go right.   But this is a rebuild, that is what they did with drafting Wilson was restarting everything. 

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Okay buddy. 

I hope you are not banking on Wilson and the Jets to turn this around. The guys who have seen this from one decade to another and another know the signs. We are now 5 years away from seeing anything because Wilson will kill us for three years and no one has the you know what to move on.