Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bobby please don’t ban me but F this team and this entire organization. All this talk about culture change and it’s a new year and the same BS happens two weeks in. I hate this team so much. 

lmfao. Same though.

On the real, yall gave WIlson too much of a pass last week. I was kind of shocked he 'got a pass.' Even when the line protected him last week he held the ball too long. Maybe that's play design or maybe no ones open, but it didn't look great then.

He's a rookie though. Hopefully he figures it out. Today it was just clear he wasn't reading the defense well (especially on the last two INTs -- the first two were deflections.) 

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am the one who listed all the horrible teams he played last year, teams I never hear of before. So many of the teams he played against were no more than community colleges and that is the truth. Six weeks ago i listed all the school he played last year it was a joke. And people on this board said that did not matter REALLY

Today he looked like the QB for a community college 

I know its all gloom and doom today but the line played well and the defense looked great. Franklin-Myers is the real deal. Rankins had a big sack. Secondary is young and didnt look overmatched.

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets fans ready to blow it all up after a game, why would anyone want to come to this team? 

The real question is why would anybody root for this mess, for me it is to late but you young guys can change teams how about Manchester United or Real Madrid.

2 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Today he looked like the QB for a community college 

I know its all gloom and doom today but the line played well and the defense looked great. Franklin-Myers is the real deal. Rankins had a big sack. Secondary is young and didnt look overmatched.

You made me laugh for the first time today when you said ( he looked like the QB for a community college ).

2 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Maybe one of you guys can remind me of a rookie QB - rookie Head Coach combo that worked from day one. The league is not set up for that to be successful. It’s all about the situation your drafted into. 

That’s an excuse. You throw 5 INTs in 2 games… that’s on the QB

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s an excuse. You throw 5 INTs in 2 games… that’s on the QB

Ok. Well Trevor Lawrence has 5 picks too. Should Jacksonville throw in the towel on him too. I know you weren’t a Zach fan to begin with but I’m sure you wanted Trevor like the rest of us. And wow, he has first year coaching staff (in the nfl) and no vet in the QB room just like Zach. I think some people on here are happier to be right about Zach being a busy than be wrong and see the team do well. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan

This is insanity. I'm really seeing some of you guys coming in here and saying that because Wilson has struggled, it somehow makes him Peyton Manning? 

Like, wow.... This kid is unfailable to some of you.

He sucked this week and he was bad last week. Sure he has time to turn it around but he has hardly "shown potential" Through two games he has already tossed 5 picks and thrown 3 others that should have been picked. He has missed wife open receivers, bounced balls in the dirt and made a number of poor fundamental type throws off his back foot.

Hopefully he does learn from this, but that is not a given as some of you are suggesting. There is a very real possiblity that the Jets fail to develop him like they have with every QB they have selected after Chad Pennington. It only stings more that their last guy is now in a new uniform and looking like a pretty good QB.

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Maybe one of you guys can remind me of a rookie QB - rookie Head Coach combo that worked from day one. The league is not set up for that to be successful. It’s all about the situation your drafted into. 

This is specifically one of the reasons I was adamant about NOT drafting a QB this past year.  You keep Darnold and sign a QB to compete while the rookie HC installs and offense and gets it ready for a new QB to step in the year after. If Darnold would have lit it up then we would have our QB, and if he sucked you would have had a high draft pick to select a replacement who would have gone into a much more QB friendly spot.

It was stupid to draft Wilson and put him in this spot.