Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Had anyone started Dalton or Foles this year, the fanbase would've exploded.

I was actually all for just rolling with Wilson. And that was Bc we had Knapp as the QB coach. Who had a long history of doing great work with QBs. I can’t help but think his tragic passing has something to do with Wilson not looking as good as we thought. I think as respected as he was. LaFleur would listen to him. Without him there. LaFleur is learning as he goes Bc he’s a 1st year OC let’s not forget. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I was actually all for just rolling with Wilson. And that was Bc we had Knapp as the QB coach. Who had a long history of doing great work with QBs. I can’t help but think his tragic passing has something to do with Wilson not looking as good as we thought. I think as respected as he was. LaFleur would listen to him. Without him there. LaFleur is learning as he goes Bc he’s a 1st year OC let’s not forget. 

I never gave that much thought, but I think you got a point. Was Chad Pennington with the Jets during training camp??  Chad was probably the smartest QB we ever had, he knew when & where to throw the ball, Chad problem was he did not have the arm strength for the deep side line passes. I am sure he would be more help to Wilson, than he has now.  (Just an idea)

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Had anyone started Dalton or Foles this year, the fanbase would've exploded.

Ya but it what is best long term. I'm so sick of grabbing a young QB and throwing them in. Darnold and Wilson both should have not been week 1 starters. This is why the QB play is so poor in the NFL. It is so poor that the NFL makes rules to help the QB out. 99% of all rookie QB's should be on the bench for 1 year. 

Guys, the team just isn't all that good. This is going to take a few years to turn but Wilson is playing exactly how I thought he would. Folks got manipulated by his good preseason play but it's a different ball game in actual games. He's getting looks he hasn't seen before and he is still learning the types of passes he can and cannot attempt. Wilson was far from a perfect prospect and made a living making plays rolling out. Well, not so easy in the NFL. Start judging Wilson after the mid-way mark, not right now. See if he is able to make any leaps from his early play. The struggle is real this season and the fans just have to accept it. 

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Guys, the team just isn't all that good. This is going to take a few years to turn but Wilson is playing exactly how I thought he would. Folks got manipulated by his good preseason play but it's a different ball game in actual games. He's getting looks he hasn't seen before and he is still learning the types of passes he can and cannot attempt. Wilson was far from a perfect prospect and made a living making plays rolling out. Well, not so easy in the NFL. Start judging Wilson after the mid-way mark, not right now. See if he is able to make any leaps from his early play. The struggle is real this season and the fans just have to accept it. 

I mean I was very pro keeping Darnold and using the 2nd pick as trade bait and rebuild around Darnold. But once Darnold was traded I was all for Wilson. But remained scoerival Bc of his lack of competition. Clearly that is the case. I mean even me who was critical a bit. Would have taken the under of him throwing 5 INTs in the 1st 2 weeks. He’s going to have to have a great game to capture the fan base. Bc through 2 weeks, most of us are scratching our head. Especially when you see Darnold 2-0 and actually looking good.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean I was very pro keeping Darnold and using the 2nd pick as trade bait and rebuild around Darnold. But once Darnold was traded I was all for Wilson. But remained scoerival Bc of his lack of competition. Clearly that is the case. I mean even me who was critical a bit. Would have taken the under of him throwing 5 INTs in the 1st 2 weeks. He’s going to have to have a great game to capture the fan base. Bc through 2 weeks, most of us are scratching our head. Especially when you see Darnold 2-0 and actually looking good.

Darnold is also in year four, let's see how long he keeps it up. For you to lose confidence or start to wonder about the pick after week 2 is a bit baffling. Let this play out. Darnold did not play high level competition and he was successful on plays that don't always work in the NFL. He's going to need time to figure it out. Again, wait until midway through the season and then see if he is progressing or not. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Darnold is also in year four, let's see how long he keeps it up. For you to lose confidence or start to wonder about the pick after week 2 is a bit baffling. Let this play out. Darnold did not play high level competition and he was successful on plays that don't always work in the NFL. He's going to need time to figure it out. Again, wait until midway through the season and then see if he is progressing or not. 

Not worried about the pick. I know he’s a rookie and it was more than likely to be more bad than good. But really there’s only been a couple drives in 2 games where he looked fit for this league. There’s still 15 games to go and hopefully he progresses. But as I said… we can expect him to be very boring these next 2-3 games after a 4 INT day last week. I don’t think they let him take any big chances for a few weeks. So making it relatively the 1st month of the season where he either looked bad, or we couldn’t really judge him Bc we didn’t let him do much.

Last weeks game was horrendous but are we forgetting he single handily put the team on his back against Carolina with no running game and no time to throw.

He was awful on Sunday and quite honestly he looked mentally broken after the 2nd INT but that can be repaired. 

Cosching needs to be massively improved. Mac didn’t do **** on Sunday but yet excellent play calling…screens, draws, running game lots of pre snap motion etc. All aiding him in just playing within the confinement’s of a scripted offense. We come out balls deep looking for splash plays. That’s not the way you settle a rookie in against a BB defense. Our run game was killing it and should of been rinsed before allowing the game to develop and get easy reads for Zach.

Lefluer was calling plays like he’s playing madden. He needs to massively sort his **** out. I do agree @Bobby816 the tragic passing of Greg Knapp has caused a huge hole on the coaching staff. Obviously it’s only football so it’s nothing like what his family must be going through but I think we are missing his veteran coaching and his wisdom and experience needs to be introduced.

Edited by KimuraGod

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You should be worried for 3 major reasons

1. His throws are WAY off. This is with no pressure too.

2. His decision making process is very poor. I don't think he can read the D at all.

3. When he did make the throws too wide open people with time he could not hit them in stride. Instead he would lead them out of bounds. 

You can hold onto that hope but I'm no longer that guy holding on to hope. I am not falling for thsi trap again. 

23 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You should be worried for 3 major reasons

1. His throws are WAY off. This is with no pressure too.

2. His decision making process is very poor. I don't think he can read the D at all.

3. When he did make the throws too wide open people with time he could not hit them in stride. Instead he would lead them out of bounds. 

You can hold onto that hope but I'm no longer that guy holding on to hope. I am not falling for thsi trap again. 

Talk about over exaggeration.

1. His first pick last game he had a defender right in his facemask.

2. It's his second, career game against the greatest defensive mind in football. I'd be amazed if he could read that defense.

3. That one throw to Moore? It might not have been the best throw, but it was completed between the dbs and Moore was trending to the sideline in his route anyways.

Step off the ledge and give the guy a shot. He wasn't my pick, but I like what I've seen thus far and I'm not gonna let a terrible game against the Pats shake me. I'm on to Denver.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Talk about over exaggeration.

1. His first pick last game he had a defender right in his facemask.

2. It's his second, career game against the greatest defensive mind in football. I'd be amazed if he could read that defense.

3. That one throw to Moore? It might not have been the best throw, but it was completed between the dbs and Moore was trending to the sideline in his route anyways.

Step off the ledge and give the guy a shot. He wasn't my pick, but I like what I've seen thus far and I'm not gonna let a terrible game against the Pats shake me. I'm on to Denver.

I just think it is funny ever team we go against a team people's first reaction is "Oh that is a good D they are going against." Maybe Zach and the Jets MAKE those D's look good by doing bone head play after bone head play. I have seen this story 100 times now with a new QB. The Jets will kill this kid trade him and he will be an average or above average QB in the league. Fitz, Darnold, Jeff Blake, Pennington, to name a few. 

29 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just think it is funny ever team we go against a team people's first reaction is "Oh that is a good D they are going against." Maybe Zach and the Jets MAKE those D's look good by doing bone head play after bone head play. I have seen this story 100 times now with a new QB. The Jets will kill this kid trade him and he will be an average or above average QB in the league. Fitz, Darnold, Jeff Blake, Pennington, to name a few. 

I certainly can't fault anyone for thinking SOJ.  I think that too at times.  What gives me real hope this year is that they are trying to build a team what I think is the right way - through the draft.  We have never really done that.  It was always sign high priced FA, trade picks for players, draft poorly.  The Jets appear to be doing it more competently so far.  You can argue the bad luck with injuries but that is just it - bad luck.  Not sure what more can be done ATM.  Should we have signed a vet QB to start?  Sure.  But there is a thought amongst some coaches that the best way for a young QB to learn is on the field.  I don't subscribe to that but I am not a FB coach. 

Zach will be good.  The Jets are trying to set him up to succeed but it won't be quick nor without bumps in the road.  I will reserve judgment on Zach and the coaching staff until at least halfway through the season or even the entire season.  I expect improvement.

As a point of positivity, the D looks OK with a particular shoutout to Ulbrich and the DB's (except Redwine).  Lets see if LaFleur can work some magic with the O.  And for the love of god, play Mims.