Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wilson was a mistake. Build the team then get the QB. We set ourselves back YEARS with this strategy

We haven’t gotten anywhere to have even set back lol. People who think that next year we will be in the hunt are completely fooling themselves. We’ll be drafting top 2 again this spring. This team absolutely blows and the coaching staff has been pretty bad too. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We haven’t gotten anywhere to have even set back lol. People who think that next year we will be in the hunt are completely fooling themselves. We’ll be drafting top 2 again this spring. This team absolutely blows and the coaching staff has been pretty bad too. 

The coaching has been bad and that’s the worst part. I wanted nothing to do with Wilson at 2 but it became apparent it was their plan early. Joe Douglas is a C at BEST so far. We’re gonna be 4 years in soon and have like 12 wins to show for it lmao

Edited by GangGreen420

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The real question is why would anybody root for this mess, for me it is to late but you young guys can change teams how about Manchester United or Real Madrid.

As someone not even from the US, I could've picked any team. I had 32 options in 2002 and I picked about the 28th worst one.

Everything about this game sucked. Right from NE fumble that was taken away from us.

It should have been a close game. Mac completes about 99% of his passes but he's not a TD machine. Our defense is actually pretty damn good all things considered. There's no reason we shouldn't have been in this game, yet it was essentially out of reach by the second half.

Wilson needs to grow a brain in a hurry. I don't care if it's only his second pro game, he just wouldn't stop throwing it up to perfectly covered receivers, hoping they'll bail him out. And if LaFleur and friends aren't telling him to stop doing that, then they're just as bad. There's being aggressive and there's being careless. That's how you play at the end of a game, down 10+. Not how you play in the first few drives.

Unfortunately Wilson also kind of looks like crap as a pocket passer at this point. Can be good, even great, on the move, but I haven't seen much from the pocket. And he seems to throw almost every pass high.

What was good:

• Michael Carter had a great game. I was happy with both RBs
  • The makeshift OL was much better than expected, especially at run-blocking
  • C.J. Mosley looked more like his old self, and had a few really nice plays
  • And really most of the defense looked great

And when you see all that, and we lose 25-6, it's clear LaFleur and Wilson let the team down big time here. The game is probably closer if we run HB dive every single play.

In related news, I still hate that we never signed a veteran QB to put behind Zach. Not to threaten to start over him, but just to have someone around who's seen some things. Rookie OC, rookie QB, and never-started-a-game backup QBs is about as "learn by being thrown to the wolves" as it gets.

And for the record, I don't think keeping Darnold was ever going to be the answer here. We ruined him. If he's good in Carolina, great, but I don't honestly believe he was ever recovering from the Gase years whilst staying here.

But there's still plenty of time for us to wish we'd drafted Justin Fields instead. Or even Trey Lance. Time will tell if we picked the wrong QB or if we were just screwed regardless.

3 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Ok. Well Trevor Lawrence has 5 picks too. Should Jacksonville throw in the towel on him too. I know you weren’t a Zach fan to begin with but I’m sure you wanted Trevor like the rest of us. And wow, he has first year coaching staff (in the nfl) and no vet in the QB room just like Zach. I think some people on here are happier to be right about Zach being a busy than be wrong and see the team do well. 

Wilson also has better talent around him. So he should have better numbers than TLaw. It’s through 2 games and we have guys like Davis, Moore, Mims. And our leading WR in targets, receptions and yards is Berrios.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

BB is a god against rookie QBs, I'll save my panicking until at least a month in.

For me I wasn’t expecting us to win games. But I thought we’d be competitive and the offense would at least look nfl caliber for the 1st time in a long time. Through 2 weeks that hasn’t been the case. Averaging only 10pts and less than 300yds a game. That’s awful. If it wasn’t for our defense actually looking pretty good… it’d be even worse.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Was I not the one who was suspect of his stats from college? And I wa told by countless members here that the talent he played in college didn’t matter. And just today he had more INTs than he did all last year. I guess level of competition does matter. I’ll accept apologies starting now

I said the same thing and I'm still mad we traded Sam!!

13 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I said the same thing and I'm still mad we traded Sam!!

I mean through 2 games (small sample size). It 100% appears we are the issue. Sam is 2-0 and looking pretty darn good with talent around him. And we’re 0-2 looking awful on offense (haven’t looked into it yet, but we might be the worst offense in the league through 2 games).

2 hours ago, Heymangold said:

i don't think there's a team worse than the jets to have picked. 

Hah I was thinking about this earlier, but I think from 2002-present, the following would have been worse choices (in no order):

• Cleveland (they look good now, but am I really making it through 1-31?)
  • Detroit
  • Jacksonville
  • Maybe Cincinnati
  • Houston would be tough because they finally got a franchise QB and, well, you know

Our 2009-2010 years were good enough to put us above those I think.

Man if I was a jet fan of 20 years or less I would jump ship NOIW!!! I started to watch back in the early 80's. 1983 was the first time I saw the New York Jets. My son who is 8 now changed teams 2 years ago when he was 6. He wanted Tampa Bay because of the pirate ship, logo and colors. I thought to myself man I guess I will be miserable by myself. Then boom my son sees Tampa sign Brady and watched his team win a super bowl. I was so proud that his team won. I told him that I have NEVER seen my team in a super bowl. He laughed and said its no big deal dad you can be a Tampa Bay fan too. I just laughed. 

I really am trying to hold out hope for Wilson but I have not seen such bad QB play since Hack was around. I think what scares me the most more than the INT's is that he can not hit a open guy on the run when he has time. He had some guys wide open and threw to their back shoulder causing them to go out of bounds instead of leading them into the field. We should have kept Sam and traded away the #2 pick for a kings ransom. I still think that T Law is the only really QB in this class. I'm old school so when a scout says "This kid is a great athlete and can run." I want nothing to do with them. That means they are hiding the fact they can't hit the broad side of a barn. So we are now stuck with Wilson for this year and the next two. I just hope this franchise does the get ride of Josh Rosen and bring Murray in type.