Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Wilson has a explosive arm, he wants to make plays. The NFL is moving fast for him right now, he needs to settle down take some easy throws and read the coverage better.  

The Patriots are one of the toughest defenses for a young QB to play against. 

Wilson also has to learn to run at times, he is fast. 

The Patriots took Davis out of the game and Wilson didn't know what to do. We need Crowder back because hes a reliable WR who can consistently get open in the slot to allow for easy completions and YAC.  

Wilson week 1 suffered from a lot of drops and no help ,he single handedly brought us back in the game by making wow throws.  Wilson week 2 played bad, threw bad balls, didn't read the coverages correctly. Though the 1 INT wasn't his fault at all, went right through the WR hands so really should have been 3 INTs.  The Patriots consistently do this against rookie QBs, its about how does Wilson move forward and get better. If he loses his confidence and doesn't improve, then we have issues.  Calling Wilson a bust is too early especially with how we are are a complete rebuild team. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with the defense, run game and the OL looking good yesterday. But Wilson will remain the focus for us. And that was a God awful performance yesterday. I mean he was making awful throws with tons of time to throw. That’s alarming. It’s only week 2, so obviously we have to wait to judge things. But I have a feeling that Bc of how bad he was and put us out of the game quickly… we won’t even really get to evaluate him these next few weeks. That we will play very boring football. He will barely throw and when he does it will be quick easy throws. Pretty much not progressing him at all. Just not rattling him with an another 4 INT game.

Short quick passes made Brady what he is today.  Mac Jones is the captain of the checkdown ship and he's doing just fine.

Wilson is one of the longest snap to throw times in the NFL has the highest ypa of any of the rookie QBs and has thrown for the most yards.  He's pushing the ball down field unlike any of the other QBs so context is everything.

My guess is they'll scale it back for him to get the ball out quicker and see how he does.  That doesn't mean it'll be conservative.  Wilson is a gun slinger it's in his nature to sling it down field so when things break down and he improvises those plays will come.

Even if he goes more conservative experience is a good thing.  

The point is this team as a whole is far better this year then it was last year.  The sky is falling crowd makes no sense to me but I guess it's par for the course when they lose a bad game.

• Like 1

I mean let's break this down logically for a sec.

OL looks solid.  AVT was road grading cats yesterday and CMG and Moses where excellent.  Once Big Ticket gets back this line has serious upside.  I think they are closer to yesterday then week 1 when they looked lost.  They are just getting to play together so it's only up from here.  Plus Wilson has one of the longest snap to throw times so that puts pressure on the OL.  

Defense has been outstanding.  They haven't faced any world beaters but they have been far better then expected.  The young CBs look legit especially MCII and Huff.  The issues have been injury fill ins.  The deep shot to Robby was Redwine Quincy had some issues filling in for Davis at ILB.  DL has been getting pressure and although the splash plays are lacking it's because teams are sinking and dunking mostly.

We are building something here.  Be patient because we have even more picks and plenty of cap to take another leap next year.

• Like 1

It'll help too when Goodson is ready to play. Hamsah has been awful.  Goodson will provide a actual NFL LBer, which will be a boost. Then eventually we will have Davis back too. 

Michael Carter II has been impressive. Brandin Echols has looked decent for a 6th round pick.

AVT looked better this game vs last week. Last week I think it was because it was his first game, he looked lost at times. But he has been impressive in the run game, when he locks on he is strong.  

Moore is getting open, Wilson just isn't finding him.  

Michael Carter the RB looked good, he makes the first guy miss, he has strong legs and is hard to bring down.  I like this Carter/Johnson combo at RB.  Carter is the best all around back on the roster though.

20 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

lmfao. Same though.

On the real, yall gave WIlson too much of a pass last week. I was kind of shocked he 'got a pass.' Even when the line protected him last week he held the ball too long. Maybe that's play design or maybe no ones open, but it didn't look great then.

He's a rookie though. Hopefully he figures it out. Today it was just clear he wasn't reading the defense well (especially on the last two INTs -- the first two were deflections.) 

Nah last week the team let him down, this week he let the team down big time. 

Has anyone noticed this ? The Jets OC is not shielding his play calling from the sidelines. Is it at all possible that the opposing teams are being telegraphed the plays because of it?

Do you honestly believe Belacheat wouldn't take advantage of such an error by the Jets OC. 

I haven't seen any OC or DC for that matter without covering up what he is being said between them and any specific unit on the field.

It is just a little concerning for me.

6 hours ago, Big T said:

Has anyone noticed this ? The Jets OC is not shielding his play calling from the sidelines. Is it at all possible that the opposing teams are being telegraphed the plays because of it?

Do you honestly believe Belacheat wouldn't take advantage of such an error by the Jets OC. 

I haven't seen any OC or DC for that matter without covering up what he is being said between them and any specific unit on the field.

It is just a little concerning for me.

Maybe he needs to be up in the booth.  He preferred it.

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Anyone else think the coaching staff has also sucked aside from maybe the DC? 

After two weeks? No.

I know we are starving for some positivity but there's no reason to be so impatient. We were a losing organization before everyone else got here - can't lay it all on the new guys.

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

First time HC and OC so there’s going to be some bumps but I agree to an extent

We're 2 games into the season, truth be told, we're going to have an up and down year. Wilson will learn to take what the defenses give him. Can all the QB's and Coaches be wrong who openly say this kid has all the talent not only to succeed but be special?

The Offensive line continues to be "offensive" VanRotten is getting beat like a stepchild. Although the unit has performed better than the debacle of game 1. 

I believe Wilson will have a lights out game and then the storylines will shift, just like the wind. Fan's will then understand that this is a learning year for him.

In a fight, it's not always the guy who comes out swinging that wins, but the guy who lands the meaningful shots that determines who wins the match.

I wanted Joe Brady as the HC and before that I wanted Kingsberry. I hate DC guys becoming HC. This is an O league and you need an O guy to run the show. The Jets O will struggle all year and Wilson has a chance to be in the Winston stat with 30 ints. No way is Wilson ready for the job. We should have had a vet QB start the season and played Wilson like in week 8 or later. Nick Foles, Andy Dalton are a few that came to mind. 

28 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I wanted Joe Brady as the HC and before that I wanted Kingsberry. I hate DC guys becoming HC. This is an O league and you need an O guy to run the show. The Jets O will struggle all year and Wilson has a chance to be in the Winston stat with 30 ints. No way is Wilson ready for the job. We should have had a vet QB start the season and played Wilson like in week 8 or later. Nick Foles, Andy Dalton are a few that came to mind. 

Had anyone started Dalton or Foles this year, the fanbase would've exploded.