Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You know other young players are allowed to struggle while Jets young players are “not the answer” 

Fangio gonna have a ball next week

Not the answer a tad strong after two games

And he actually played decent in the first one

And the point is as bad as it feels right now, sky isnt falling after one really bad game

Edited by Abe56

3 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Not the answer a tad strong after two games

And he actually played decent in the first one

And the point is as bad as it feels right now, sky isnt falling after one really bad game

Jets fans are just miserable, we were all told this will take time. This team is the youngest in the NFL and a complete rebuild.  What we want to see if growth as the season goes on. 

Another NO SHOW GAME for Q Williams ,the other Q Williams LB played well.

All the RB's looked real good.

Belichick shut down Davis, Berrios had 7 rec for 72 yards,.

Mosley and Maye were the best defenders today, we better pay Maye.

Another game like today and Wilson, will be back playing lead guitar with the BACK STREET BOYS again.

Edited by doumeyer

So, obviously the preseason did not translate into the regular season...for Wilson, for the team as a whole, and for the organizational confidence. 

This is going to take a lot of time. I am extremely impatient because all of my life has been the same 'ol situation with this franchise. But it is what it is. We are probably going to be as bad as last year, and maybe even worse. 

The one thing I will say after two games is that Saleh comes as advertised. We have lost a ridiculous amount of talent on defense and yet we are vastly improved defensively. Our defense gives our offense a chance to stay in games. All we can ask.

Clearly Wilson is not ready. Clearly he has immense talent. In preseason, he looked like the most NFL-ready QB to come along in years. After two weeks, he looks like a RAW rookie. 

Hopefully, this is another Peyton Manning situation. Wilson will learn from all of his mistakes. He has the talent to do so. 

That said, I will never believe that picking him, anointing him the starter and not having ANYBODY behind him to compete with him was the right approach. 

I mean, as bad as he looked today, it might get worse. And we will never yank him because...we have a cheerleader for a backup, not a real NFL QB. 

Hopefully, Wilson is healthy enough to play all 17 games this season because that might be the best education this franchise could ask for. 

It sucks to be us.

The only real problem in this game was Wilson. The rushing attack looked better, oline held up for the most part, Moore is getting back on track, and the defense was solid. This is good for me. If Wilson makes progress or we find a vet QB who can play now, we will be pretty good for the rest of the year. 

Foles or Mullens are my favorite options out there but I'll take any of the experienced QBs out there to help. 

37 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

All I want us to do is sign a vet QB. I'm  fine with the other positions and the defense is doing better than expected. 

Would be nice but no.   Remember what Saleh said about rookie defensive players.  He wants to give kids more reps on the field for real and it applies to Wilson being at QB as well.  No Vet.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Would be nice but no.   Remember what Saleh said about rookie defensive players.  He wants to give kids more reps on the field for real and it applies to Wilson being at QB as well.  No Vet.

No, we need a vet Wilson can learn from and we also need a back up plan. If he continues to struggle and he goes with that logic, it's him and JDs fault if he's bust. I seriously can't think of the last good QB who didn't have a experienced vet around him year 1. Not someone who has just been in the league, but a vet who had experience starting for a season or more. 

It's never been 100% on the coaches to teach. These players see examples of leading the locking room, huddle, studying footage, how to change things up during the game, and more when a vet is there. Getting him someone now is important. 

If Wilson struggles, we don't have to throw away the whole season and wonder why free agents don't want to sign with us like we do every year. We can remain competitive while Wilson resets his mind and prepares for his next opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

No, we need a vet Wilson can learn from and we also need a back up plan. If he continues to struggle and he goes with that logic, it's him and JDs fault if he's bust. I seriously can't think of the last good QB who didn't have a experienced vet around him year 1. Not someone who has just been in the league, but a vet who had experience starting for a season or more. 

It's never been 100% on the coaches to teach. These players see examples of leading the locking room, huddle, studying footage, how to change things up during the game, and more when a vet is there. Getting him someone now is important. 

If Wilson struggles, we don't have to throw away the whole season and wonder why free agents don't want to sign with us like we do every year. We can remain competitive while Wilson resets his mind and prepares for his next opportunity. 

That is Saleh's problem.👈

• Like 1