Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean through 2 games (small sample size). It 100% appears we are the issue. Sam is 2-0 and looking pretty darn good with talent around him. And we’re 0-2 looking awful on offense (haven’t looked into it yet, but we might be the worst offense in the league through 2 games).

I don't need to look. The Jets by far have the worse O in the league. If I was the HC of the Jets I would be ripping Wilson a new you know what. He threw the game away and he needs to know this. I would come out next week with 10 run plays in a row. I would only throw the ball 15 times at most no matter what the score is. I would protect Wilson by having him hand off all day and have the D do most of the work. I would rather have the Jets roster than the Pats roster right now. I think the Pats are in for a long ride too because the Jets at least are very young and the Pats have some older vet guys. 

The other think I noticed is Mims did not even suit up. He was inactive for the game and Cole took his spot. Mims needs to either play more or trade him away before he has no value left. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have a feeling we will be a very boring team to watch these next couple weeks. After an awful game from Wilson. You can expect him barely throwing and when he does it being short easy passes that don’t move the chains.

If he is able to get football quicker we can see receivers' exciting YAC.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have a feeling we will be a very boring team to watch these next couple weeks. After an awful game from Wilson. You can expect him barely throwing and when he does it being short easy passes that don’t move the chains.

Funny you say that, for the first time in all my years as a Jet fan, even when we had bad teams i know what to expect, with this team I have no idea how they are going to play.  Yesterday Belichick, had a tight leash on Mac Jones, all short passes next to no deep downfield passes. On my Friday post i said BB passing attack was going to be all short passes and i was right.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Worst game I’ve seen from a QB of ours maybe ever. And he’s supposed to be our savior?

Sam Darnold went 11-32 34% completion 86 yards 0 TD 4 INTs 3.6 QB rating vs the Patriots year 2 on the Jets. 

We have seen this multiple times with the Jets, lets be honest here. 

• Like 1

I was really happy with how things played out yesterday outside of Wilson and Davis.  The OL looked solid.  The running game was consistent, the defense was put in bad situations time and time again and only gave up 2 TDs.  DL is getting good pressure, young CBs look like the real deal.  If Zack plays like he did week 1 we probably win the game or at least are neck and neck to the end.  

There is a lot to like about the direction of this team but it's young and injured.  There is no reason to hang your head on this team right now.  Wins will come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was really happy with how things played out yesterday outside of Wilson and Davis.  The OL looked solid.  The running game was consistent, the defense was put in bad situations time and time again and only gave up 2 TDs.  DL is getting good pressure, young CBs look like the real deal.  If Zack plays like he did week 1 we probably win the game or at least are neck and neck to the end.  

There is a lot to like about the direction of this team but it's young and injured.  There is no reason to hang your head on this team right now.  Wins will come.

I agree with the defense, run game and the OL looking good yesterday. But Wilson will remain the focus for us. And that was a God awful performance yesterday. I mean he was making awful throws with tons of time to throw. That’s alarming. It’s only week 2, so obviously we have to wait to judge things. But I have a feeling that Bc of how bad he was and put us out of the game quickly… we won’t even really get to evaluate him these next few weeks. That we will play very boring football. He will barely throw and when he does it will be quick easy throws. Pretty much not progressing him at all. Just not rattling him with an another 4 INT game.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with the defense, run game and the OL looking good yesterday. But Wilson will remain the focus for us. And that was a God awful performance yesterday. I mean he was making awful throws with tons of time to throw. That’s alarming. It’s only week 2, so obviously we have to wait to judge things. But I have a feeling that Bc of how bad he was and put us out of the game quickly… we won’t even really get to evaluate him these next few weeks. That we will play very boring football. He will barely throw and when he does it will be quick easy throws. Pretty much not progressing him at all. Just not rattling him with an another 4 INT game.

Who knows. Maybe Saleh is a trial by fire type of dude. It would suck to have to suffer through Zack throwing 4ints on 40 throws every game, but who knows. Maybe that's how he's gonna learn.

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Who knows. Maybe Saleh is a trial by fire type of dude. It would suck to have to suffer through Zack throwing 4ints on 40 throws every game, but who knows. Maybe that's how he's gonna learn.

Based on Salem’s comments saying that he needs to learn how to play “boring” at times. I expect a very conservative play calling and decisions these next 2-3 games