Coaching Staff Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think one of the byproducts of the RKG culture is that we targeted guys who were natural leaders, captains. Those people become coaches. I could see a lot of Garrett-players becoming Moore-coaches. Kitna, Ware, Lee, etc.

Nah dawg, completely different scenario.  Philly had 2nd and 31 at its own 25 yard line w/ 1.55.  They picked up 7 yards.  If we called TO, we would have stopped the clock @ 1.48.  Philly would have Had 3rd and 24.  The TO would have allowed us to set our defense.  After play, we would have had the ball back with about 1.40 left.  We had been moving the ball easily on the defense.  There’s really no reason to not try to score again before the half especially with philly getting the ball to start second half.

The fumble/int against the redskins came with 4 seconds left in the half.  Dallas was down 0-3.  Dallas had 1st and 20 at the Dallas 36 yard line.  Romo threw a 1 yard pass to Tashard Choice.  Dallas had not moved the ball against Washington at all in the first half.  What benefit did we gain by trying to throw a 1 yard pass with 4 seconds left?  What are the odds of choice breaking that 1 yard pass 66 yards?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I thought there was a bit of a power struggle between him and Kellen. There was definitely something around too many dissenting voices in Dak’s ear. Am I remembering this wrong?

Not that I recall hearing, but it could be. Always found the move odd given Dak’s relationship. But since new HCs always want their guys, never really gave it much thought tbh.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Not that I recall hearing, but it could be. Always found the move odd given Dak’s relationship. But since new HCs always want their guys, never really gave it much thought tbh.

This was just the first tweet I found. I definitely remember having the distinct perception at the time that Kitna was out mostly because he and Kellen didn’t work that well together. 

• Like 1

Listen the time out with 1:48 sec was not a no brainer. Some things to remember Philly has speed WR’s.  Our weakness in secondary was the deep ball 3-17.  At that point who knows what play is called.  But odds good they run the same play. We call last TO.  1.40 left.  Punt gets time to 1:30 or so ball around 10 yard line 1 TO.   Not real guarantee we score as now obvious passing down and that is how Philly got there 7 points to begin with hard rush up middle.   

what else can go wrong. Penalty on secondary not that unlikely as besides Diggs against speed receivers.  This almost gifts them points. 

At that point in the game the worst thing that came happen is Philly scoring points and a TO has just as good a chance in the odds of helping Philly then helping us

Personally I would have shown faith in my team and called the TO but do not see the TO as a scared or dumb call

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This was just the first tweet I found. I definitely remember having the distinct perception at the time that Kitna was out mostly because he and Kellen didn’t work that well together. 

Interesting. Like I said I have no recollection of anything regarding this or it being discussed here.  
I do recall seeing something about Kitna’s personality though. Wasn’t that he was abrasive per se, but intense, maybe a little in your face type.  

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m not exactly all aboard the KM to HC hype train, but MM is taking his foot off the gas….resting Diggs….and I don’t like that.

Why wasnt that Quinn resting diggs? 

Why are we picking and choosing here? Why is every single "bad" decision is McCarthy and every single good decision is Moore and Quinn? 

^^Not directly pointing this at you^^

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why wasnt that Quinn resting diggs? 

Why are we picking and choosing here? Why is every single "bad" decision is McCarthy and every single good decision is Moore and Quinn? 

^^Not directly pointing this at you^^

I don’t necessarily disagree, maybe it was DQ’s call, but MM is the head man. Buck stops there. If your #1 guy isn’t out there, there better be a terrific reason. He’s obviously a game changer

Edited by WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t necessarily disagree, maybe it was DQ’s call, but MM is the head man. Buck stops there. If your #1 guy isn’t out there, there better be a terrific reason. He’s obviously a game changer

And, when the defense is giving up chunk plays and the momentum is shifting, you put him back out there. 

9 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

but MM is the head man. Buck stops there.

So then McCarthy has taken a team expected by many to be bad and has made them a top ~5-7 team in the NFL.

Does that make McCarthy potential COTY? Best HC in the NFL? 😬

Im being sardonic for those who dont pick up on it. 

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And, when the defense is giving up chunk plays and the momentum is shifting, you put him back out there. 

I don’t think anyone can explain the decision away for me. If he ends up being injured the point is moot, but does Carroll allow Sherman to sit or Shanahan allow Bailey to sit for “player management” reasons? 

It doesn’t track. Curious to see if there is more to it.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t think anyone can explain the decision away for me. If he ends up being injured the point is moot, but does Carroll allow Sherman to sit or Shanahan allow Bailey to sit for “player management” reasons? 

It doesn’t track. Curious to see if there is more to it.

Exactly. If that’s what it was, and Diggs isn’t hurt, then you hang McCarthy for potentially tanking the game.