Revenge Game - Bucs (2-0) @ Rams (2-0)

ravishingone

Going to be a great two.weeks, but make no mistake this is a huge game.  Conference game and potential tie breaker on the line.

Since the entire team came back, they are well aware of what happened last season.  

Rams are a very good team, no doubt.  Defending the title is beating contenders on the road.  This is a very good test at the right time.

I doubt the Rams try to run the ball that much.  Pass defense in the spotlight again.  Specifically, red zone defense was not good against ATL.

The offensive gameplan last season was not good.  Tip of the cap to the Rams D last season.  I mentioned before, I m not upset Staley is gone and old friend Rah has the joystick on D.

I don t doubt Tom Brady.  You can at your own peril.

Discuss

Going to say we lose this one with the way our defense is playing 

Idk what we have to do to get Bowles to wake up but damn 

We can't stop anything right now plus we have to fly all the way out to LA... if we lull at all in this game we lose, can't take any quarters off

I don't think the Rams are that great but Kupp, Woods,  and Jefferson are going to run wild

35-31 Rams

Hope I'm wrong though 

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Going to say we lose this one with the way our defense is playing 

Idk what we have to do to get Bowles to wake up but damn 

We can't stop anything right now plus we have to fly all the way out to LA... if we lull at all in this game we lose, can't take any quarters off

I don't think the Rams are that great but Kupp, Woods,  and Jefferson are going to run wild

35-31 Rams

Hope I'm wrong though 

Don't think the Rams are that great? Damn. The disrespect.

For as great as the Bucs are, swap Tom Brady for Jared Goff last year, I'm not sure we lose a game.

Our defense is starting slow, as it did last year - so I'm expecting Tampa to score a lot on Sunday (we gave up 35 to the Bills in week 3 last year).

Stafford thus far is as advertised, so hopefully this will be an exciting game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Don't think the Rams are that great? Damn. The disrespect.

For as great as the Bucs are, swap Tom Brady for Jared Goff last year, I'm not sure we lose a game.

Our defense is starting slow, as it did last year - so I'm expecting Tampa to score a lot on Sunday (we gave up 35 to the Bills in week 3 last year).

Stafford thus far is as advertised, so hopefully this will be an exciting game. 

I could see either team winning. Brady is usually good for a clunker early in the year. And I'm not sure how anyone on the Bucs will defend Kupp, Edwards maybe but Kupp will get his.

Usually when you are good in coverage and have good QB play, you aren't losing. At least when you are Brady. So saying the Rams would have been an absolute juggernaut with him considering they had the best coverage unit in football, is actually reasonable. And that's exactly why Tampa won the SB, their coverage ramped up significantly in the playoffs.

So far according to PFF, Rams and Bucs are actually 2nd and 3rd in coverage through 2 games. A bit surprising. Whoever can cover the other team better and whoever has the better QB play, likely wins. So while Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL, I don't think his impact is actually as great on the win/loss record as most people think. It's more about the Rams 5 DBs and coverage LBs and Stafford. And on the other side the same. Devin White has not looked good in coverage through 2 games and McVay will likely attack him with Kupp or the TE. On the other hand, Ramsey should be able to slow down Godwin but AB and Gronk should be able to produce. I do like the Rams younger secondary players like Rapp, Fuller or David Long Jr but they will have their hands full in matchups.

I wouldn't bet on this game because I'm not actually sure how to evaluate all of this. Tampa Bay played 2 subpar defenses while LAR played 2 subpar offenses. First 2 weeks usually leads to an overreaction so that game is pretty unpredictable. Betting against Brady isn't smart but I also wouldn't be shocked if Stafford balls out. Or has one of his down games.

• Like 2

Raheem is actually a good DC , so Leftwich needs to bring his A game. These are the type of games you bust out new wrinkles. 

Rams going to air it out like they did last year. I can see their offense killing us with the short and intermediate completions. We’ll just have to tighten up in the RZ or force some negative plays to get necessary stops. Dean is most likely going to get targeted and worked. until our open field tackling improves i just cannot see them containing Kupp

Rams 38 Bucs 30

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Raheem is actually a good DC , so Leftwich needs to bring his A game. These are the type of games you bust out new wrinkles. 

Rams going to air it out like they did last year. I can see their offense killing us with the short and intermediate completions. We’ll just have to tighten up in the RZ or force some negative plays to get necessary stops. Dean is most likely going to get targeted and worked. until our open field tackling improves i just cannot see them containing Kupp

Rams 38 Bucs 30

Rah is good, Staley was elite.  They play 2 safety high again this game, the Bucs have more ways to exploit the seams.

It was a 3 point game with more then enough time for Brady to tie or win the game last season.  Maybe I ll be proven wrong, but I think we see the most complete game of the yr.  I think Bowles can confuse Stafford in certain moments.  He still is very new to the offense, the D has to capitalize on those opportunities.  They got 3 picks on Sunday.  Against Dak they dropped 2 picks besides the 1 they got.

Going to be a good game.

Gonna be a long day for the secondary obviously. I'm not sure how the Bucs D-line matches up against the Rams O-line. That may play a big factor. It'll be up to Bowles to create some confusing schemes. I'll be really nervous but it'll be a great competitive game. I actually have the Rams in the superbowl this year. 

It'll be a lot of pressure on Brady, again. I mean not that he cares about that. 

9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I could see either team winning. Brady is usually good for a clunker early in the year. And I'm not sure how anyone on the Bucs will defend Kupp, Edwards maybe but Kupp will get his.

Usually when you are good in coverage and have good QB play, you aren't losing. At least when you are Brady. So saying the Rams would have been an absolute juggernaut with him considering they had the best coverage unit in football, is actually reasonable. And that's exactly why Tampa won the SB, their coverage ramped up significantly in the playoffs.

So far according to PFF, Rams and Bucs are actually 2nd and 3rd in coverage through 2 games. A bit surprising. Whoever can cover the other team better and whoever has the better QB play, likely wins. So while Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL, I don't think his impact is actually as great on the win/loss record as most people think. It's more about the Rams 5 DBs and coverage LBs and Stafford. And on the other side the same. Devin White has not looked good in coverage through 2 games and McVay will likely attack him with Kupp or the TE. On the other hand, Ramsey should be able to slow down Godwin but AB and Gronk should be able to produce. I do like the Rams younger secondary players like Rapp, Fuller or David Long Jr but they will have their hands full in matchups.

I wouldn't bet on this game because I'm not actually sure how to evaluate all of this. Tampa Bay played 2 subpar defenses while LAR played 2 subpar offenses. First 2 weeks usually leads to an overreaction so that game is pretty unpredictable. Betting against Brady isn't smart but I also wouldn't be shocked if Stafford balls out. Or has one of his down games.

Damn I'm impressed. The Rams have stayed somewhat under the radar despite being in LA the past few years, so people just usually spout the tired narrative of us being "top heavy". Fuller, Rapp and Burgess are all average players trending to potentially above average so I'm impressed with your knowledge of the Rams.

I agree about this game. I've seen enough bad things from both defenses that I could see it being a shoot out.

I am not worried about Stafford or the offense - I imagine we won't try to run, like last year. But unlike last year, I imagine we will push the ball down the field.

On the flip side, our defense was playing extremely well when we met last year. Not so much this year. I expect to struggle to get pressure and for Brady to dice us up. Expecting a loss because it's tough to see any defense stopping the Bucs right now.

• Like 1