Revenge Game - Bucs (2-0) @ Rams (2-0)

ravishingone

Also, since you guys won the Super Bowl I'll talk about last year's game and how amazing it was.

Not sure if y'all realized, but along with not even trying to run the ball, McVay dialed up a gameplan to somehow get WRs open within 10 yards of the LOS. No run game, no threat of the deep ball because Goff was trash and was scared to throw deep almost all year. Goff tried to give the game away in the second half, which is his nature (two turnovers last night in the second half of the Lions/Packers game too).

So McVay was fighting against no run game, no deep game, and a QB who he couldn't trust. And came out of Tampa with a win, mostly thanks to that gameplan and the defense. Pretty amazing.

5 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

Probably our toughest game this season. Need to play mistake free football (stating the obvious...).

All about the pass rush. Need our front 4 to show up big.

I would put the keys as follows,

1. no drops

2. Devin White needs to play much better in coverage than he has against Atlanta

3. More pressure on the QB. Especially JPP needs to step up for TB. Tryon-Shoyinka has been pretty good and should have had a sack against Atlanta if Vea didn't run him over but overall more pressure from the defensive line is needed, agreed.

22 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

1. no drops

2. Devin White needs to play much better in coverage than he has against Atlanta

3. More pressure on the QB. Especially JPP needs to step up for TB. Tryon-Shoyinka has been pretty good and should have had a sack against Atlanta if Vea didn't run him over but overall more pressure from the defensive line is needed, agreed.

That's the key to me in this game. If you let Matt Stafford stay on his spot, he's one of the best in the league and will absolutely pick you apart. If you get pressure on him, he'll make the errant throw/bad decision here and there and you have to pounce on those. 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

1. no drops

White needs to play better period. He has not looked really sharp at all. Someone at PR said it and right now he is playing out of control. I was like WTF when he let Matt Ryan shake away from him last Sunday. Just a tad late in coverage responsibilities and tackling open field hasnt been all pro worthy. Honestly have not been impresses by him or Winfield through 2 but no doubt they’ll be better. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

White needs to play better period. He has not looked really sharp at all. Someone at PR said it and right now he is playing out of control. I was like WTF when he let Matt Ryan shake away from him last Sunday. Just a tad late in coverage responsibilities and tackling open field hasnt been all pro worthy. Honestly have not been impresses by him or Winfield through 2 but no doubt they’ll be better. 

Tackling wouldn't worry me that much, he has the physical gifts and just needs to lock in. The question to me if his coverage improvement during the playoffs was a fluke or is he finding that again? Because the Bucs really need him to be competent in coverage. They don't need him be on that David level but not be a major weakness is very important for defensive success. That to me is a much bigger questionmark than the DBs. I think Winfield has been okay but not sure why he playing more than Edwards. Edwards should play every snap between slot cornerback and safety. Ultimately would much prefer to see Winfield than Cockrell obviously but that to me should be the question and not just play Edwards 60% of the snaps. Whenever he is on the field, the coverage is much better. If all those 5 guys play what they are capable of this could be an elite secondary but that hasn't happened so far through injuries in both games and just mental lapses. I'm optimistic that the Bucs secondary will improve though.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Tackling wouldn't worry me that much, he has the physical gifts and just needs to lock in. The question to me if his coverage improvement during the playoffs was a fluke or is he finding that again? Because the Bucs really need him to be competent in coverage. They don't need him be on that David level but not be a major weakness is very important for defensive success. That to me is a much bigger questionmark than the DBs. I think Winfield has been okay but not sure why he playing more than Edwards. Edwards should play every snap between slot cornerback and safety. Ultimately would much prefer to see Winfield than Cockrell obviously but that to me should be the question and not just play Edwards 60% of the snaps. Whenever he is on the field, the coverage is much better. If all those 5 guys play what they are capable of this could be an elite secondary but that hasn't happened so far through injuries in both games and just mental lapses. I'm optimistic that the Bucs secondary will improve though.

I dont really see White out of position as much in coverage as he was his rookie year and last year. He is just a fraction of a second late in his drop which will be easy for a fast twitch guy to adjust to. He’ll going on a stretch of really dominant ball at some point this year. My guess by week 5 or 6 he ramps it up. Last year playoffs was great start but its a new season and teams are coming out with new wrinkles and things we have not seen before. I agree with Edwards should be playing more but I dont wanna take JR off. Need to just run more 3 safety sets. Or make Whitehead a part time player since his coverage skills are average. Teams arent going over the top because 31 is taking that away but at some point id like Bowles to play him up closer to the LOS. And let Edwards patrol the deep 1/3

1 minute ago, indifference said:

I dont really see White out of position as much in coverage as he was his rookie year and last year. He is just a fraction of a second late in his drop which will be easy for a fast twitch guy to adjust to. He’ll going on a stretch of really dominant ball at some point this year. My guess by week 5 or 6 he ramps it up. Last year playoffs was great start but its a new season and teams are coming out with new wrinkles and things we have not seen before. I agree with Edwards should be playing more but I dont wanna take JR off. Need to just run more 3 safety sets. Or make Whitehead a part time player since his coverage skills are average. Teams arent going over the top because 31 is taking that away but at some point id like Bowles to play him up closer to the LOS. And let Edwards patrol the deep 1/3

Hmm I really like Whitehead in coverage at this point since midpoint of last season.

When it comes to betting I’ve been on a heater (knock on wood) but I’m not touching this game outside of smashing the Over and parlaying it with an alternate passing yards for both QBs over 250 and at least 1 TD. Playing it safe. 

As for the game, the Bucs needs to get pressure on Stafford. I’d say the majority of rams fans looked at week 1 with the bears front 7 and were curious how the Oline would do. They played very well. Week 2 was the Colts front 7 with Buckner in the middle and most of us were nervous about the Oline again.. however they really held their own again. This week, yet again, a great front 7 with good depth. It’ll be a challenge but I think if LA’s Oline can play well AGAIN, it’ll be a rams victory and it’ll allow Rams fans to fully buy into this Oline. 

Aside from the Oline, I’m a little nervous about the defense. They’ve played better than the start of last season but it feels like they’re bending a bit more than usual. With the way the Bucs are playing offense right now, this could be a high scoring thriller. I’ll just have to hope the Rams D comes out with some energy and holds their own like last year. There’s no doubt either team can win this, but whoever protects their QB better will win. 

My homer prediction:

Bucs 27 Rams 34

Sheesh that could easily be flipped though. Just hope everyone’s comes out of this healthy and hope it’s the game of the year. A 2018 Chiefs vs Rams type game would be cool. As long as LA wins 😉 

Last thing, is AB likely out of this one? From what I read it seems likely he misses the game but I don’t know if it was BS.