2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

19 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Unless we put him at LG. Really not loving Connor Williams. I think we need to use our bye week to determine who are our best 5 lineman and how do we make it work.

I don't re-watch games, and Maybe I should, but I would love to closely look at every snap for CW and Biadazz. Might replacing them with Collins and/or McGovern be the difference of winning it all or not?? this would be the week to make that BIG decision or not.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Collins comes back. I almost don't know that I'd start him over Steele right now....hate to mess with the continuity on the o-line.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Collins is 2nd string RT now imo, but I doubt it plays out that way.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Collins is 2nd string RT now imo, but I doubt it plays out that way.

No way. Steele has been nice - but I see what others have said he is better at the run game than the pass game. Get me Collins back and let Dak really cook. 

58 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This isn’t ideal.

I actually thought the cowboys accomplished exactly what they wanted to do by running the ball as much as they did… wear out the defense.  The pats defense was clearly exhausted in 4th quarter and OT.  99% of the time I’m 100% good with volume rushing.  The Bucs game would fall into the 1%.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

Over/under will depend on how many games the starters have to play. But Dak is close, CD/Zeke is over, Cooper under. Pollard and Shultz I think are both very slightly over (~900ish yard range).

Gotta factor in Gallup taking some balls away.

Edited by Matts4313

Dak Prescott
Dallas Cowboys · QB

It's just like I said last week: What has Dak done -- other than make clutch plays and put the Cowboys in winning situations late in games? He did it again in Sunday's overtime victory in New England. Dak has been exceptional in his return to the field this season, logging 16 pass TDs against four picks and a 115.0 passer rating through six games. I believe he had his best performance as a pro on Sunday against myriad looks from Bill Belichick. The Patriots' coach normally makes opposing quarterbacks' heads spin, but Dak routinely dissected New England's defense and made the appropriate play. The thing is, this is consistent with what we've seen from Dak all season long, as his field vision and confidence in Kellen Moore's offense has Dallas sitting atop the offensive charts. With three-plus touchdown passes in four straight games (and in five of six games this season), Dak has been really efficient. He helps his receivers turn routine plays into explosive ones.

https://www.nfl.com/news/offensive-player-rankings-week-7-dak-prescott-among-three-qbs-reaching-new-highs

• Like 1