2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

According to Ourlads his biggest problems were lack techniques. That can only be solved by learning. Physical effort is not the same as instruction.

Not having the technique is part of not being ready…

If you think 6 weeks getting a little extra attention from the coaching staff in preseason and training camp are the difference between the disaster he was, and the solid player he is… well I’m not that motivated to change your mind.

But that’s just not how big performance leaps happen.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Not having the technique is part of not being ready…

If you think 6 weeks getting a little extra attention from the coaching staff in preseason and training camp are the difference between the disaster he was, and the solid player he is… well I’m not that motivated to change your mind.

But that’s just not how big performance leaps happen.

Working harder is okay but with that you have to work 'smarter' as well. Part of working smarter is having some one who can review your game tape and not only recognize your mistakes but be able to design fixes and translate that into the practice. Thus Steele could work on his weaknesses that was showing up on game day which translates that work into improved performance on game day.  This is also something that can only really be done effectively during off season.  Translating this to C williams and Biaz.   A huge weakness of those two is giving up bull rushes.  So it is more then just saying well they need to improve their strength, or improve their technique. In stead coaches need to review tape, recognize technique that shows up on game day and then combine slight changes in technique with changes in strength work that is designed to improve the areas that need improved strength (something that can only be done on off season and I am sure is being done by the cowboys coaches).  I say most of this type of work is primarily for off season because during the season too much time and  effort is on "team" drills, knowing your responsibilities and working with your teammates. Practicing, walking through plays so on and so forth. 

50 minutes ago, quiller said:

Working harder is okay but with that you have to work 'smarter' as well. 

I’m a bit exhausted by this conversation. Yes, to everything you said.

Obviously you have to work smart. You have to surround yourself with the right support crew. You have to take what you learn about your game and practice the technique over an over. You have to put in endless hours honing your craft. I agree!

So this leads to the obvious conclusion that Terrence Steele has been doing just that. And it wasn’t 6 miracle weeks in Oxnard that made the difference alone.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Serious question, since Steele is playing well or even better than well. Would you trade L Collins for a 1st?? (making the assumption a 1st is within reason) 

I’d like to see him get a crack at playing RG again. If that doesn’t work, then yeah, I’d probably trade for a high pick.

39 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Serious question, since Steele is playing well or even better than well. Would you trade L Collins for a 1st?? (making the assumption a 1st is within reason) 

If someone offers a 1st, thats a no brainer.

We are already winning, the chemistry up front is solid, Collins clearly has some baggage and injury issues.

Get a brand new 1st round pick? Duh

46 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I mean considering Tyron is on the injury list with a neck issue again, I'm not so sure I'd be in a rush to trade Collins.