2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

59 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I haven't seen anything official. But heard Parsons is in COVID protocol. Anybody heard anything.

EDIT: Cowboys' Micah Parsons put on COVID list ahead of Eagles game | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Perhaps it wasn’t a great idea to attend a basketball game and decide to not even bother really wearing his mask during a massive COVID surge. 

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:
3 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I haven't seen anything official. But heard Parsons is in COVID protocol. Anybody heard anything.

EDIT: Cowboys' Micah Parsons put on COVID list ahead of Eagles game | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Perhaps it wasn’t a great idea to attend a basketball game and decide to not even bother really wearing his mask during a massive COVID surge. 

Meh. Better this week than next

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 2

Cities with mask mandates are still getting big Covid surges just saying. Staying away from public gatherings probably a good idea until season is over but guys are going to do what they want. 

2 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Cities with mask mandates are still getting big Covid surges just saying. Staying away from public gatherings probably a good idea until season is over but guys are going to do what they want. 

I would agree that staying away from public gatherings for the time being is the best bet. As for cities with mask mandates still dealing with surges in COVID, I think a number of factors come into play with that. For one thing, people will still disobey the mandate if/ when they can get away with it, and they will also often ineffectively wear their mask which will reduce the effectiveness of the mask. In an ideal world everyone would use their masks with consistency during the mandates and also use them properly... but I don't think anyone believes that's happening because people are absolutely ridiculous and fail to take even small, easy measures to prevent spread when it's necessary. Even when worn the way they should be by no means are they some sort of magic shield, but they are still one preventive measure that reduces spread of infection, which is absolutely why they should be worn right now... certainly so in the case of players that want to be available for their teams in the playoffs.

Edited by NoFlyZone

34 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I would agree that staying away from public gatherings for the time being is the best bet. As for cities with mask mandates still dealing with surges in COVID, I think a number of factors come into play with that. For one thing, people will still disobey the mandate if/ when they can get away with it, and they will also often ineffectively wear their mask which will reduce the effectiveness of the mask. In an ideal world everyone would use their masks with consistency during the mandates and also use them properly... but I don't think anyone believes that's happening because people are absolutely ridiculous and fail to take even small, easy measures to prevent spread when it's necessary. Even when worn the way they should be by no means are they some sort of magic shield, but they are still one preventive measure that reduces spread of infection, which is absolutely why they should be worn right now... certainly so in the case of players that want to be available for their teams in the playoffs.

The masks only work if you are sick at preventing from spreading the virus like you said.  it will not prevent you from getting Covid. Only a half face or full face respirator with the correct filters will give you protection from getting the virus. The players hopefully will stay away from public crowds as much as possible but that won’t guarantee they won’t get Covid. 

I'm telling you, I live here and the entire area is covid Central right now. It's red Hot with infections. 

If the Cowboys football team comes here to play on Saturday I can virtually guarantee you a high percentage will be sick by Monday.

Now, the question is, are they subjected to the 5 day quarantine that is now in affect?

If so, they can be ready to go by Saturday or Sunday for the WCG.

Edited by Rtnldave

16 hours ago, cromagnum said:

The masks only work if you are sick at preventing from spreading the virus like you said.  it will not prevent you from getting Covid. Only a half face or full face respirator with the correct filters will give you protection from getting the virus. The players hopefully will stay away from public crowds as much as possible but that won’t guarantee they won’t get Covid. 

I disagree, to an extent. If we agree that a mask should at least help keep infectious sources in, then it stands to reason that it also helps (not outright totally prevent) to keep infectious sources out. For example, if a mask could help prevent germs from being expelled outwards when someone coughs or sneezes, it seems pretty questionable to say that these same masks wouldn't help protect against infected aerosols from coming in. Again I'm not saying a mask is a magic shield, but I believe that it can help (even if we're not talking about 100% certain blockage) to keep out infectious sources, such as infected aerosols / droplet sources. Obviously a mask such as an N95 would be much more ideal and have better efficacy, and it'd be awesome if they were more widespread, but I don't think that makes a regular mask totally useless just because it isn't as effective. Some level of protection is absolutely better than nothing at all, especially when things have been spreading like they have. If everyone would wear masks and take the proper precautions we wouldn't even be dealing with this mess to the extent that we are. 

But yes, I definitely agree that the players should be staying away from public places right now. You would think this would be common sense, and it's definitely frustrating to see that they don't get this very basic concept. The team should be doing far more to encourage the proper precautions. The fact that we now have more players popping up with the infection is ridiculous when this is more preventable than people in general have been acting like lately. It seems like more and more people are taking a "it is what it is" approach, and this line of thinking is probably going to cost someone big in the playoffs.

Edited by NoFlyZone

17 hours ago, cromagnum said:

That’s…not entirely accurate.

• Like 1

I disagree, to an extent. If we agree that a mask should at least help keep infectious sources in, then it stands to reason that it also helps (not outright totally prevent) to keep infectious sources out. For example, if a mask could help prevent germs from being expelled outwards when someone coughs or sneezes, it seems pretty questionable to say that these same masks wouldn't help protect against infected aerosols from coming in. Again I'm not saying a mask is a magic shield, but I believe that it can help (even if we're not talking about 100% certain blockage) to keep out infectious sources, such as infected aerosols / droplet sources. Obviously a mask such as an N95 would be much more ideal and have better efficacy, and it'd be awesome if they were more widespread, but I don't think that makes a regular mask totally useless just because it isn't as effective. Some level of protection is absolutely better than nothing at all, especially when things have been spreading like they have. If everyone would wear masks and take the proper precautions we wouldn't even be dealing with this mess to the extent that we are. 

But yes, I definitely agree that the players should be staying away from public places right now. You would think this would be common sense, and it's definitely frustrating to see that they don't get this very basic concept. The team should be doing far more to encourage the proper precautions. The fact that we now have more players popping up with the infection is ridiculous when this is more preventable than people in general have been acting like lately. It seems like more and more people are taking a "it is what it is" approach, and this line of thinking is probably going to cost someone big in the playoffs.

I have worked with masks for over 20 years. I have been trained on what masks give you protection on aerosoles like paint fumes dust like lead or dangerous pathegeons like carbon monoxide. I’m not an expert on viruses but from what I under stand this is a airborne virus. any airborne pathegon only a air tight respirator with the correct filters will give you proper protection. You can do own research and find out. Everything is in OSHA guidelines. I have seen people wear these types of respirators in super markets. Btw I have used n95 masks many times for work. We basically use them for plain dust when cutting wood or sweeping that’s it. If we are removing lead or asbestos we are not using n95 masks trust me as you will breathe that poisonous stuff  right into your lungs. 

Edited by cromagnum

I have recently got Covid again with mask mandates in NY where i live. Mostly everyone is wearing masks and Covid numbers are higher now then ever. First Covid was worse then my second time around. Pretty much it’s like a bad cold this time.

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

It might not be but from the research I have done this is the best conclusion I can come up with. I don’t trust anything the government or media says. 

Try calling your doctor like a reasonable person. Their advice is the one that matters.