2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I think the Niners offense is going to give us fits.  Physical run game and a solid receiving corps.  Samuel is a swiss army knife.  Defensively San Fran can rush the passer with their front 4.  They are a tougher match up than we may think.

49ers are a good football team. They are in the playoffs. But they might have the worst QB in the playoffs and a questionable back 7. This should be table stakes for any team with Super Bowl aspirations. 

4 hours ago, Northland said:

I think the Niners offense is going to give us fits.  Physical run game and a solid receiving corps.  Samuel is a swiss army knife.  Defensively San Fran can rush the passer with their front 4.  They are a tougher match up than we may think.

If this team can’t beat Jimmy G and the 49ers, then I don’t know why anyone would think we could beat AZ when they’re 100% healthy.

You guys should be proud of me… at the raiders/chargers game tonight, I was sitting directly behind Derwin James’ wife.  Keep in mind, she had no way of knowing that I am a cowboys fan… I started off basic like “could you imagine how good the Cowboys would be with your man?”  Later, I got in that James and the cowboys would be a perfect fit.  Then, I see her FaceTiming with her toddler.  Right after, I said… you know, Dallas has great schools too.  Just planting seeds.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If this team can’t beat Jimmy G and the 49ers, then I don’t know why anyone would think we could beat AZ when they’re 100% healthy.

It’s not Jimmy G I’m particularly worried about… I don’t like how we match up against their run game and their defense will give Dak problems.

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

How do you think we matched up versus the Cardinals? 

Cardinals rbs and Wrs don’t scare me. They are more of a finess team. Cowboys defense speed and disciplined front line can play against this. 49ers have a slightly better back seven also.

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

It’s not Jimmy G I’m particularly worried about… I don’t like how we match up against their run game and their defense will give Dak problems.

Slam thats my concern.  Their ability to run the ball will open up their passing game.  They can generate pressure with their front 4.  Our OL has to start living up to the hype. Im intersted to see what Quinn dials up.  We can win but its their physicality on both sides of the ball thats a big worry.

3 hours ago, eagles suck said:

Cardinals rbs and Wrs don’t scare me. They are more of a finess team. Cowboys defense speed and disciplined front line can play against this. 49ers have a slightly better back seven also.

None of the 49ers WRs are on the level of DeAndre Hopkins. Jimmy G isn’t on the level of Kyler Murray. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s the playoffs. 

I think it’ll come down our pass rush. If Dallas can generate pressure on D, we should survive. 

Edited by Tony7188

10 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

We can beat anybody in the NFC if all equal.   But that doesn't mean we will have any "easy" games.  SF as noted can give us fits and just as easily beat us if we make mistakes and are not on our game. I agree with most of the comments listed.  Can we get to their QB while still controlling the run game.  ON our side can we give time for Dak to make throws in the pocket and run it well enough to stay out of 3rd and 10's.  Then win the turn over battle and ....  One huge difference between facing AZ and SF is the QB. Murray presents a lot of challenges with his mobility and ability to run that we will not face against SF.  OUR DL can disrupt SF's QB a lot easier then we can Murray.

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

None of the 49ers WRs are on the level of DeAndre Hopkins. Jimmy G isn’t on the level of Kyler Murray. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s the playoffs. 

I think it’ll come down our pass rush. If Dallas can generate pressure on D, we should survive. 

Did Hopkins come back?