2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

46 minutes ago, TVScout said:

No offense to you is intended at all but I am done defending this team or hoping that next year is the year.  How many times to you return to a restaurant if the food is crap?  You might give it one more chance and then when disappointed again move on.  As long as the Jones family are involved in the operation of this club the results will be the same.  Lofty expectations, multiple Pro Bowlers and All Pros, great drafts, and post season debacles.  Bank on it.

45 minutes ago, Northland said:

No offense to you is intended at all but I am done defending this team or hoping that next year is the year.

Does that mean you will quit rooting for the Cowboys and delete your membership here?

20 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Does that mean you will quit rooting for the Cowboys and delete your membership here?

Not that it matters to anyone but I will be observing more participating much less.  Like I said to you above how many times would you return to a restaurant if the food stinks?  If I have had a bad experience with a brand I have moved on.  When the Cowboys field a team with some grit and heart I'm there.  Right now it's more flash than substance and I have better things to do with my time.  It's the sleepwalking through most of the game that just drives me nuts.  That and the mental errors.  Enough is enough.

Edited by Northland

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you guys think Kellen Moore will make a good head coach?

Yes.  He was born to become a HC.  He’s been preparing to be a HC since he was in HS.  BUT, I can’t say that he’s going to be a good HC next year or the year after. I know he gets the Xs and Os but I don’t know if he’s a great motivator.  I don’t know if he’s a great technician the way that BB is.  And, as of right now, my biggest concern maximizing his personnel.  Here’s what I mean by that… Pollard all year has been the most explosive RB.  Our lone TD drive came with Pollard as the lead back.  Yet, he rarely played pollard despite Zeke being injured and ineffective running the ball.  Connor Williams has been a mess all year.  He got benched for 3 games and McGovern arguably did worse.  But, Collins was a great LG who basically was interchangeable with Steele at RT.  Why not try to move Collins back to LG?  We knew Connor Williams wasn’t working and LG was very much a sore spot yesterday.  Considering there’s virtually little to no drop off between Collins and Steele at RT, why not explore it?  He didn’t do much to help Dak get rid of ball sooner.  No screens.  Not nearly enough quick hitting west coast offense type throws on first and second down.  So, is he ready to be a HC right now?  IDK.  But someday he will likely be a damn good HC.

• Like 3

The Cowboys have the Texans as one of their 9 home opponents next year.

Because the Texans were one of the worst teams in the NFL this year the widest TV audience it might get is if it gets placed in the 4:25 late DH slot. That's the best timeslot I envision for the Governor's Cup game, since Sunday Night Football only likes scheduling the Texans if they are coming off a good season, which they are not.

Still, as a 4:25 game, I imagine the Texans game will be shown in the vast majority of the country, with CBS as the likely broadcaster.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with fielding Lamb as my #1 with potentially unknown commodities at 2, 3, 4, etc. Depleting the offensive talent isn't the way to go right now. Lamb as a whole is not a player I feel confident in... at least not in the sense of a clear cut #1 role. It would be very surprising to not have Amari back next season.

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1