2021 Cowboys News and Notes

Matts4313

6 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

None of the 49ers WRs are on the level of DeAndre Hopkins. Jimmy G isn’t on the level of Kyler Murray. It’s not going to be easy, but it’s the playoffs. 

I think it’ll come down our pass rush. If Dallas can generate pressure on D, we should survive. 

Short changing Deebo here by a lot, but Kittle is my biggest concern for this game.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, quiller said:

We can beat anybody in the NFC if all equal.   But that doesn't mean we will have any "easy" games.  SF as noted can give us fits and just as easily beat us if we make mistakes and are not on our game. I agree with most of the comments listed.  Can we get to their QB while still controlling the run game.  ON our side can we give time for Dak to make throws in the pocket and run it well enough to stay out of 3rd and 10's.  Then win the turn over battle and ....  One huge difference between facing AZ and SF is the QB. Murray presents a lot of challenges with his mobility and ability to run that we will not face against SF.  OUR DL can disrupt SF's QB a lot easier then we can Murray.

Garopolo was their leading rusher in the Rams game, I believe.

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

@Nextyearfordaboyz has touched on this recently that the Dallas OL is on par or better than the rest of the league.

I think this is a bit of a stretch (to put it mildly), but per PFF Dallas had the best OL in the league in 2021.  

Was coming in here to post exactly this.

OL play is an NFL epidemic. Has been for a long while. Dallas has just been lucky to avoid the virus. The trio of Smith, Martin, and La’El, even with the sometimes limited availability, is an absolute dream scenario for probably half of the league.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Zach Martin, Trevon Diggs, and Micah Parsons got 1st Team All Pro.

We’ve now drafted 7 All-Pros in 8 years since McClay took over the draft.

That's pretty dang good. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Agreed. This is the same as the talk of replacing a qb.  You have to ask who are you replacing them with? 

You are replacing him with Kellen…

If we flame out of the playoffs AND Kellen is going to take a head coaching job elsewhere if he isn’t promoted, I think it’s a no-brainer.

• Like 1