Unleash Dillon

Les Punting

22 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You're forgetting the part where if you're gonna re-sign Jones, why burn a Top 100 draft pick on Dillon.  Or straight up why draft a Top 100 FB ?  Or draft an Edge at #12 when you just spent $200m at Edge via FA. Or if you're all in why draft a QB ?   Agree or disagree, there are valid questions about Gute drafting upside down.

I question Gute here more than most. But I don't get the hate on Jones in this forum. To me, he's more valuable to this offense than Adams.

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I question Gute here more than most. But I don't get the hate on Jones in this forum. To me, he's more valuable to this offense than Adams.

Not sure I've seen anyone hate on Jones. Not sure I've seen anyone hate on the contract too much either. It's when you factor in other moving parts that make some wonder what the hell Gute is doing

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You're forgetting the part where if you're gonna re-sign Jones, why burn a Top 100 draft pick on Dillon.  Or straight up why draft a Top 100 FB ?  Or draft an Edge at #12 when you just spent $200m at Edge via FA. Or if you're all in why draft a QB ?   Agree or disagree, there are valid questions about Gute drafting upside down.

Having 3 deep at EDGE is not a bad thing, especially for the situation we are at now with Z. 

28 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Having 3 deep at EDGE is not a bad thing, especially for the situation we are at now with Z. 

Agreed. But if your DL blows, it doesn't matter if you have 9 great Edges. And in this case, it meant a #12 pick sat on the bench and what value is there in that ??

Edited by cannondale

48 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Agreed. But if your DL blows, it doesn't matter if you have 9 great Edges. And in this case, it meant a #12 pick sat on the bench and what value is there in that ??

We could of invested other draft picks or got some in FA since 2019 so I don't think that the pick itself was the problem that trickled down to our DL problems. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

2020 cap hits for RB 

2019 cap hits for running backs

Bold are from playoff teams

Rank 2020 2019
1 David Johnson David Johnson
2 Elliott Gurley
3 Barkley Bell
4 Kenyon Drake Fournette
5 McCaffery Lamar Miller
6 Gordon Barkley
7 Henry Devonta Freeman
8 Gurley Elliott
9 Ingram Jerick McKinnon
10 Ekeler Gio Bernard
11 Tevin Coleman Dion Lewis
12 Gio Bernard McCaffery
13 Dalvin Cook Gordon
14 James White James White
15 Alvin Kamara Chris Thompson
16 Latavius Murray Tevin Coleman
17 Kareem Hunt Ingram
18 Duke Johnson Rex Burkhead
19 Joe Mixon Jalen Richard
20 Jalen Richard LeSean McCoy

19 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

We could of invested other draft picks or got some in FA since 2019 so I don't think that the pick itself was the problem that trickled down to our DL problems. 

Well this was the #12 pick in the strongest DL draft in recent history. But yes - there have been other opportunities to address the situation. It still makes no sense to burn #12 on a guy that's gonna ride the bench. 

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are 6-0 when Adams misses games over the past few years. 

So that would imply that when Adams is out, the GB offense is heavily reliant on Jones

Dallas:   Jones 19 rush for 107 yards with 4 TD's and 7 rec for 75 yards
Detroit:  Jones 11 rush for 47 yards  and 4 rec for 13 yards  (Jamaal Williams 14 for 104 and 5 rec for 32 and 1 TD)
Oakland:  Jones 12 rush for 50 yards and 4 rec for 33 yards and 1 TD ( Rodgers 25 for 31 and 429 yards with 5 TD's....MVS, Graham, Kumerow, Williams and Jones)
KC:  Jones 13 rush for 67 yards and 7 rec for 159 yards and 2 TD's

New Orleans:  Jones 16 rush for 69 yards with 1 TD and 2 rec for 17 yards  ( Lazard 6 for 146 yards and a TD, Tonyan 5 for 50 and a TD)
Atlanta:  Jones 15 rush for 71 yards and 5 rec for 40 yards with 1 TD (Williams 8 rec for 95 yards, Tonyan 6 for 98 and 3 TD's)

Looks like 2 games where Jones carried the load with Adams out, other games it was a not so.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'm not sure which part I disagree with more.  The fact that you look at Aaron Jones as just a RB or the fact that you believe the Packers invested TOO much into an EDGE.  Both are equally shocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure which part I disagree with more.  The fact that you look at Aaron Jones as just a RB or the fact that you believe the Packers invested TOO much into an EDGE.  Both are equally shocking.

Where did I say Jones is just a RB ?? As a matter of fact - I literally defended him and his contract in another post. Furthermore, I said the offense should run through him. And drafting an Edge after signing 2 top end FA's to huge money while the DL was dismal is certainly a valid question. And dare I say the proof is in the pudding.

Edited by cannondale