Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

On 12/3/2021 at 3:51 PM, raidersedge said:

I thought he would better but its not a big deal right now. One thing and maybe its just me but his body language is kinda blah. Sometimes I feel like he couldn't careless what is happening. idk, I could be wrong. 

I think one of the biggest concerns you have  with a rookie being thrown to the wolves is that they’ll shatter their ego and develop bad habits.

Glass half full side of me says Lawrence understands this is a learning year on a bad team, not putting to much mental or emotional stock into a good or bad play might be exactly what you want from him right now.

@pwny notice any odd body language with Lawrence?

• Like 1

Offer all the explanations you wish (many are valid), but there's no getting around the fact that this has been a very disappointing rookie season for Lawrence. Not a bad pick (if it was, it won't be known for years) but he is a player that will get a lot of attention from the media in the coming offseason (especially if the Jags make some moves to help him) and with his pedigree, he will be expected to show significant improvements in 2022. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, raidersedge said:

I thought he would better but its not a big deal right now. One thing and maybe its just me but his body language is kinda blah. Sometimes I feel like he couldn't careless what is happening. idk, I could be wrong. 

Wasn't this a knock on him coming out of college as well? I'm sure I saw people bring this up

12 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Offer all the explanations you wish (many are valid), but there's no getting around the fact that this has been a very disappointing rookie season for Lawrence. Not a bad pick (if it was, it won't be known for years) but he is a player that will get a lot of attention from the media in the coming offseason (especially if the Jags make some moves to help him) and with his pedigree, he will be expected to show significant improvements in 2022. 

Who is saying this season hasn’t been disappointing? 

14 hours ago, Dome said:

I think one of the biggest concerns you have  with a rookie being thrown to the wolves is that they’ll shatter their ego and develop bad habits.

Glass half full side of me says Lawrence understands this is a learning year on a bad team, not putting to much mental or emotional stock into a good or bad play might be exactly what you want from him right now.

@pwny notice any odd body language with Lawrence?

Yep. Play and do what you can do, but don't spend your days trying to hero ball this team anywhere, because it will just ruin your outlook. 

I have to imagine most of the starters he's playing with are soon to be replaced. That alone says it. 

I have watched a very limited amount of Lawrence, so I will not jump to any irrational conclusions of “bust” or whatever it may be. But, from the time I have watched him, he holds onto the ball WAY too long and stares down receivers going through every read. Times I have watched he’s had solid protection as well. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Wasn't this a knock on him coming out of college as well? I'm sure I saw people bring this up

I don't know if it was a "knock" but I recall people taking his laid back demeanor as something it wasn't.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001465-trevor-lawrence-on-competitive-attitude-i-dont-have-this-huge-chip-on-my-shoulder

People interpreted this as not having the Brady or Manning gene, but I see it as an advantage - being able to compartmentalize emotion and maintain composure is more important than creating adversity to drive yourself to become better, IMO.

• Like 1

Went from being probably the most anticipated Jaguars season in over two decades purely because of one guy to where we sit now. Watching a rookie QB (who has had his faults thus far too, sure) being thrown to the wolves due to a lack of talent surrounding him is infuriating. I can confidently say the rest of the way it’s going to continue as well until the off-season gets here and the team hopefully throws all the $$ at a top WR or two in FA+drafts 3+ weapons for him.

Theres no upside with a WR corps consisting of Marvin Jones who it appears age has caught up to, Shenault,  Laquon Treadwell, Tavon Austin, and Jaydon Mickens. There’s just not. So if you’re expecting to see a week come where he goes for 300+ and 3+ TDs it’s just not coming.

• Like 3