Week 4: Browns (2-1) at VIKINGS (1-2)

swede700

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you can’t see the difference between this year’s team and last year’s team, I don’t know what to tell you. You’re either blind, or you’re intentionally reacting with your eyes closed. 

All three losses could/should have been wins. Each game came down to the last play of the game. And all three games were against good, or even great, teams. So, while the Vikings may not be a great team, losing close games to very good teams doesn’t mean they are a bad team. 

The difference hasn't changed the win loss record... which is the only thing that sends you into the playoffs?

Have you heard of the playoffs? It's the tournament that you need to be in in to win a ring.

1 minute ago, viking said:

The difference hasn't changed the win loss record... which is the only thing that sends you into the playoffs?

Have you heard of the playoffs? It's the tournament that you need to be in in to win a ring.

And the Vikings are very much alive in qualifying for the playoffs. The 2016 Vikings started the season 5-0 and missed the playoffs. The 2017 Vikings started the season 2-2 and earned a first round bye in the playoffs. 

Spare me the early season doom and gloom because they been on the wrong side of a few close games. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

And the Vikings are very much alive in qualifying for the playoffs. The 2016 Vikings started the season 5-0 and missed the playoffs. The 2017 Vikings started the season 2-2 and earned a first round bye in the playoffs. 

Spare me the early season doom and gloom because they been on the wrong side of a few close games. 

This team is going to finish with 8-9 wins is my guess. They are a good team but have had a lot of bad luck. The browns game was the first game this year I felt they didn’t deserve to win. The teams they’ve lost to all have at least 3 wins. The cardinals just obliterated the Rams and that’s a game we should have won. Luck at some point has to swing in our favor. Hopefully they can get back to .500 with Detroit and Carolina next.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

This team is going to finish with 8-9 wins is my guess. They are a good team but have had a lot of bad luck. The browns game was the first game this year I felt they didn’t deserve to win. The teams they’ve lost to all have at least 3 wins. The cardinals just obliterated the Rams and that’s a game we should have won. Luck at some point has to swing in our favor. Hopefully they can get back to .500 with Detroit and Carolina next.

If they can get to 3-3 at the bye, I still see them as a 10-7/11-6 team. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If they can get to 3-3 at the bye, I still see them as a 10-7/11-6 team. 

I think there’s still too much missing defensively given that there seems to be a serious lack of trust in letting this be an offensive/passing oriented team. I just don’t see how the defense can come together. Maybe adding Barr will help but how does coverage get better with the current group.  

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I think there’s still too much missing defensively given that there seems to be a serious lack of trust in letting this be an offensive/passing oriented team. I just don’t see how the defense can come together. Maybe adding Barr will help but how does coverage get better with the current group.  

I think we’re seeing the current group get better each week. I won’t be the least bit surprised if this team is playing like a top 10 defense by the 2nd half of the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It shows that a team cannot badly overpay QB (relative to his comparable play/skill of his peers) in a world where the cap is needed to support that deficient QB with less $ resources available.  

What lol?

Quotes stats showing that he is performing comparable to peers in the same contract range and somehow misses that point altogether. 

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Luck at some point has to swing in our favor.

We are talking about the Minnesota Vikings, correct?  Or did I wander into a different forum?

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If you can’t see the difference between this year’s team and last year’s team, I don’t know what to tell you. You’re either blind, or you’re intentionally reacting with your eyes closed. 

All three losses could/should have been wins. Each game came down to the last play of the game. And all three games were against good, or even great, teams. So, while the Vikings may not be a great team, losing close games to very good teams doesn’t mean they are a bad team. 

This is the problem though. This team can totally sneak in as a wild card and maybe even win a playoff game. Is that good enough, though? This is the most talented team Zimmer has ever had and Cousins has ever been on. Kirk has earned his pay thus far, in my opinion. But if the team is losing games that they could/should and that's causing us to lower expectations that is on coaching, most chiefly the head coach.