Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

Game 5

When:  1:00 PM EST October 10th

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston, Jen Hale

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/05-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Dalvin Cook (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette (toe), DT Michael Pierce (elbow)

Lions - Questionable: RB D'Andre Swift (groin), RB Jamaal Williams (hip), OT Penei Sewell (ankle), TE TJ Hockenson (knee), OLB Trey Flowers (knee), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
Injury Report

I don't think this will be an easy game. The Lions have played really well in spurts and have their backs against the wall the same way that the Vikings do. I think the Vikings will win, but it won't be comfortable. 

Cephus and Hockenson are nice players, and Swift has been a nice receiving option out of the backfield.

Hopefully everyone is healthy, Darrisaw plays, and this is a get right game to get them on track.

36 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Obviously this is a must win.  I think they will but they can't make dumb mistakes.  How is the lions D-line?

Romeo Okwara was having a nice season, but tore his achilles... I hate seeing guys get hurt, but he was a nice piece for them. Brockers and Trey Flowers are still good DL for them, though. Nothing like we watched yesterday, though.

55 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

have I missed it, or have they moved almost entirely away from the double A gap look that they were using when the D was at it's peak? 

Haven’t seen it much this year. They seem limited with Vigil in at LB. He’s solid in coverage, but not much else. 

• Like 1

I have an uneasy feeling that Barr is going to look like half the player that he once was.  I wouldn't hate them starting him out as the 3rd linebacker in base until he shows that he's ready for more.  Idk maybe half of Barrs regular self is still better than Vigil

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I have an uneasy feeling that Barr is going to look like half the player that he once was.  I wouldn't hate them starting him out as the 3rd linebacker in base until he shows that he's ready for more.  Idk maybe half of Barrs regular self is still better than Vigil

It’s too bad he didn’t just sign with the Jets.