Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars

TitanLegend

I love that Simmons draws attention from non-Titans related media guys. It's fun to post plays every week showing what he's actually asked to do after some dudes spend all Sunday complaining that he's not showing up in the box score.

• Like 2

I don't feel good about this game. I think Lawrence is going to have his best game of the season against this defense. I think the offense continues to be a step down from last year because Todd Downing just isn't very good. 

I don't necessarily think we need to get rid of Vrabel even though I'm going to yell that pretty much every week because his coordinators suck. There are some really good things about him, but ultimately his failures at coordinators are going to come back on him. Especially since his choice on the defensive side of the ball is trying to run some combination of Vrabel's and Pees defense and he's just failing miserably at it. 

The offense is what ultimately matters, so if he can even get the defense to be top 20 in PPG, 3rd down %, and EPA/play, then I don't really care about his dumb scheme and coordinator choices. How good your defense is perceived to be, especially this early in the season, is generally just how good or bad of offenses you've faced, which is why we looked a lot better against the Colts and a banged up Wentz, but for us to have looked that horrible against one of the worst offenses in the league that is just a huge indictment on Vrabel.

• Like 2

I am a long, long time Titans/Oilers fan and as such I know too well the pessimism that this team warrants. I am literally always waiting for us to do the usual Titans thing which is play down to our competition and lose games that we shouldn't lose...because that's what we do!!

Well that stops today! I am going to quit exhausting myself always waiting to F up. I am so jealous of so many on here and other fan bases(wife is a Chiefs fan) not baring the weight of this negativity I have. So I am flipping the switch...from today forward I am going to be positive and actually try to have some blind faith in hopes of enjoying the game more...AGAIN...like when I was a teenager.

Titans get back on track this week, Farley not only gets in the game he makes an impact play, and we win by double digits. 31-21. Then we split with KC/BUF...and we are back on track to win the division. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I am a long, long time Titans/Oilers fan and as such I know too well the pessimism that this team warrants. I am literally always waiting for us to do the usual Titans thing which is play down to our competition and lose games that we shouldn't lose...because that's what we do!!

Well that stops today! I am going to quit exhausting myself always waiting to F up. I am so jealous of so many on here and other fan bases(wife is a Chiefs fan) not baring the weight of this negativity I have. So I am flipping the switch...from today forward I am going to be positive and actually try to have some blind faith in hopes of enjoying the game more...AGAIN...like when I was a teenager.

Titans get back on track this week, Farley not only gets in the game he makes an impact play, and we win by double digits. 31-21. Then we split with KC/BUF...and we are back on track to win the division. 

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

I live in Arizona, so not a lot of Titans fans out here, but I was in safeway after work today and I was walking down the chip aisle and saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that had the Titans logo on it and it said, "this team makes me drink" and as we passed in the aisle I just said "me too man" and he instantly knew what I was talking about and we both  started laughing.😄

Greetings Titans fans!  I just wanted to stop in and say that I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday.  I haven't seen a Titans game for a while, and this will be my first time as a division rival watching you guys.  From what I've heard, Derrick Henry has repeatedly run roughshod over our defense the last few years, so I'm definitely not looking forward to that.   

This is going to be an interesting game from our side because of the big cluster[bleep] that our head coach created for himself last week.  IMO, this game could very well decide whether he stays around for a while, or if he gets his walking papers very soon.  It's hard to know where our players stand on him, but it sounds like some of them are behind him and are still bought in, and some others never had much respect for him from the beginning and this has given fuel to their fire.

It's possible that the team comes out very motivated and plays at a (for us) high level.  I could also see a scenario where enough key players just mail it in and send a message to ownership that they've had enough of Urban and just won't play for him.  I don't know which iteration of the Jaguars you will get.  Ultimately, I'm hoping for a good, competitive game with no injuries to either side.  It should be an interesting week!

• Like 2

I need it to be tomorrow already 

I still have this ugly feeling in my stomach from last week

A lot of guys seem to be back tomorrow 

Hope we see Farley actually playing CB and not just on Special Teams

Farley needs to be targeted and needs to make some tackles 

Just have to turn the page and see if we can go on a run now 

Jags are a division team, Titans need to handle business