Week 5 GDT Eagles @ Panthers: Do the kitties clip our wings?

AZ_Eaglesfan

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Concerning for him as a person. It's hard to think it's not something major and personal for him to just be suprise inactive on Sunday and then gone until Wednesday. 

Yeah, obvious assumption is a very close family member suddenly died but dunno.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, obvious assumption is a very close family member suddenly died but dunno.

I am sure we will find out about it after the season like we found out about how he was dealing with his ankle injury all year until he was finally shut down towards the end of last year

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't really see it as a blame game more than an "I am struggling to adjust"... which seems like he is taking responsibility. Fletch has clearly lost a step regardless, but I keep hearing people defending Gannon for various different reasons and it just blows my mind. ITB was saying that he is trying to instill a new culture. Lots of people saying the personnel on the team don't fit his scheme and that he needs time to bring in players who fit his style. But so far our scheme has been play passive zone in cover 2 and let teams do whatever they want to us underneath. It's just pathetic. If the players don't match the scheme then what is the point of instilling culture??? They aren't going to fit here long term anyways... If the players can't excel in your scheme, ADJUST THE SCHEME. Do something different. It's just painful to watch our defense trot out every series and get picked apart for 6-7 yards a play constantly. 

I will say we played two good defenses the past two weeks, but it has been clear since BG went down in the SF game that our defense is collapsing. If Sam Darnold and the CMC-less Panthers pick us apart and we just sit in our soft zone I will blame one person and that will be Gannon.