Week 5 GDT Eagles @ Panthers: Do the kitties clip our wings?

AZ_Eaglesfan

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So Herbig at RG and Driscoll at RT again. Lets see how they do vs an actually good DL.

Potentially, tough to say.

if they think Lane will be out for awhile they might just move Mailata over. (Since Dillard has looked better and seems to have to stay on the left)

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

if they think Lane will be out for awhile they might just move Mailata over. (Since Dillard has looked better and seems to have to stay on the left)

I really hope they don't do this. I'd rather just see what they have in Driscoll and let Mailata play where he should be. Feel like if he goes to RT on a bad knee it might be ugly. That would probably produce the best results though. Could kick Driscoll to guard as well.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Has anyone read/seen the rumor that he's addicted to painkillers? I don't do social media but my buddy sent me a snip of something that said that was the issue. 

We really shouldn't be peddling rumors about Lane. For all we know, he's dealing with a death in the family and wants privacy. The philly media is going hard into this when they really should be giving him space (at least on radio but most of the callers are idiots sooo).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wonder if they do try this. Objectively, Herbig isn't awful but Driscoll is slightly better. but like @AZ_Eaglesfan said, with that knee, it might be more of a risk to have him on the right side from an injury perspective.

2 hours ago, oland11 said:

We really shouldn't be peddling rumors about Lane. For all we know, he's dealing with a death in the family and wants privacy. The philly media is going hard into this when they really should be giving him space (at least on radio but most of the callers are idiots sooo).

Jeff McLane was on the radio a couple days ago and said he had a good idea what was going on but refused to speak about it. Clearly very sensitive, seems more sensitive than a death in the family. I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point with Lane, seeing as how he's been popped twice for banned substances and the amount of injuries he's had to gut out. These guys are pumped with so many pain killers I wouldn't blame any of them for developing a dependency. That said, I agree rumors are baseless until anything's confirmed.

2 hours ago, oland11 said:

I was just wondering if those of you who use Twitter and the like have heard anything. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking if anyone knows anything or has heard anything - I also don't think there's any harm is saying "this is what I heard/read/etc". 

When you're an athlete/public figure making millions of dollars in a major market, you don't get space or privacy. Whether that's right or wrong is a conversation for a different day but coming onto a message board where 10 people post and proclaim we should be giving him space is one of the cringiest things I've read here in a while. 

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Dillard and Mailata bookends of the future? 👀

Well Mailata was certainly trending that way. Dillard has been given an amazing opportunity and he’s shown things at times. If Dillard can continue to hold down LT until lane gets back I could see them keeping all three going into next year with lane being the most expendable (unless dillard’s play gets worse this year). I’d love for them to be our bookends. It’s one less position we’d have to worry about for the most part. 

wasnt Mailata originally viewed as the project OT prospect that would’ve replaced Vaitai as our swing backup/replace lane when the time was right? 

Edited by oland11

3 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Well Mailata was certainly trending that way. Dillard has been given an amazing opportunity and he’s shown things at times. If Dillard can continue to hold down LT until lane gets back I could see them keeping all three going into next year with lane being the most expendable (unless dillard’s play gets worse this year). I’d love for them to be our bookends. It’s one less position we’d have to worry about for the most part. 

wasnt Mailata originally viewed as the project OT prospect that would’ve replaced Vaitai as our swing backup/replace lane when the time was right? 

No, Mailata was viewed as a project that likely wouldn't replace anyone because he'd never played football before.