Bears announce Justin Fields as starting QB going forward

RaidersAreOne

I'm all for playing rookie QB's. I don't buy into the narrative about sitting them. I think a guy has or it he doesn't. That said, it's laughable when coaches say they are going to sit a rookie behind some vet and cave within the first few weeks of the season. Fields didn't even look good in his playing time.

If you have a plan, have the balls to stick with it.

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Did he have a choice?

Never seen a hotter seat after 4 weeks

Maybe you should have taken a peek t one of the various Jaguars / Urban Meyer threads on FF

and I see I was already beaten to the punch.

Edited by malibuspeedrace
I fingered out I was late to the party

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm all for playing rookie QB's. I don't buy into the narrative about sitting them. I think a guy has or it he doesn't. That said, it's laughable when coaches say they are going to sit a rookie behind some vet and cave within the first few weeks of the season. Fields didn't even look good in his playing time.

If you have a plan, have the balls to stick with it.

Well, Nagy didn't really have much of a plan...so let's just get that out of the way at the start.  And, he was gonna have the "balls" to stick with his half-baked scheme...until someone above him told him otherwise.

All that being said, Fields was one of the rookie QBs who was really gauged to be capable of being a starter right away. Apparently Nagy didn't get the memo. 

• Like 2