Packers sign LB Jaylon Smith; Released

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We have Devondre who's been a stud through 4 games. Not sure what Jaylon's role is going to be, but he's not going to be the traditional MIKE he was in Dallas, Campbell has earned that role for us.

Just tell the other players to watch out. He's known for injuring other guys because he loves to throw himself into piles when the play is already over just to be involved and get on camera. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Pugger, do you think Z is going to be out for most of the season?

He is probably done for the season.  He is probably also going to be a cap casualty next season.  30 years old, with back surgery.  

I think we are looking at a huge salary purge in 2022, starting Love, and taking quite a few lumps.  Probably a lot like the 2008 Packers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hes going back to 54? Guy literally just spent half a mil for #9 before the season. 

I was wondering this aswell. Ladarius Hamilton was/is wearing 54. Practice squad kicker is wearing #9. Haven't seen anything official on the Packers website. 

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Matt LaFluer was the freaking QB coach on Notre Dame, who cares, sorry but that is not coaching Jaylon Smith unless Jaylon secretively was the backup QB on that 2014 Notre Dame team the only year LaFluer coached there at the school.  Whatever dude, in one forum you rip Jaylon Smith as if he is the worst linebacker in the league, then in another forum you have a list of positives about him?

No all that concerned about your opinion on him, and I seriously doubt he is just terrible for the Packers but if he is great I would be fine with that since I am not a big fan of that organization at all.  Sure maybe he was overpaid at LB but again join the freaking club of teams with overpaid LBs, at least he produced and played outside of this year and clearly he did not take to the scheme change well.  

Remind me again, what does this say is the #1 reason he went to the Packers?

Jaylon Smith = Bad against the Run, Good against the Pass.  Average at Pass Rush.  Per PFF.

Still, he's the 13th ranked LB from them.  Campbell is #4.

I can't help but wonder how much moving to the Will is going to help him with Campbell as the Mike.  And I'm excited to see him add anything to our pass coverage unit.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jaylon Smith = Bad against the Run, Good against the Pass.  Average at Pass Rush.  Per PFF.

Still, he's the 13th ranked LB from them.  Campbell is #4.

I can't help but wonder how much moving to the Will is going to help him with Campbell as the Mike.  And I'm excited to see him add anything to our pass coverage unit.

I’ll never understand PFF rankings. How in the world is he better than Devin White?

2 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I’ll never understand PFF rankings. How in the world is he better than Devin White?

Just a guess here.

But with such a high pass coverage rating, there has to be some "weighing" in their formula regarding pass plays.  And maybe that happens if there are more pass plays in a game than run plays.  

But it's just a guess.  Because he isn't.

Last time I checked, Roquan Smith was around #54 for ILB rankings.  Not that I watch him much, but that seems overly sketchy to me.