Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

People are thinking about Parker’s rookie season too much, Sanjitt included. Parker has played ok whenever he has played lately. He is definitely a big improvement over Pleatherwood, almost by default. Pleatherwood is probably the worst RT in the entire NFL right now. 

LT Kolton Miller

LG Jermaine Eluemunor (eventually Richie)

C Nick Martin 

RG Alex Leatherwood

RT Brandon Parker

It’s still a bad OL but it’s 10x better than what we currently have. We have like the opposite of the Greatest Show on Turf when it comes to the OL right now. I think FO has us as the 2nd worst in the league. 

We’d be making a mistake starting Simpson again. He sucks. Just move Jermaine over. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

People are thinking about Parker’s rookie season too much, Sanjitt included. Parker has played ok whenever he has played lately. He is definitely a big improvement over Pleatherwood, almost by default. Pleatherwood is probably the worst RT in the entire NFL right now. 

Did you forget last season when the coaches were literally doing anything they could to keep him off the field? 

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

No matter how good he is guard is not a first round position. If we have to go back into this draft and draft a tackle it's already wrong 

Well if he's a Larry Allen who can play all but Center and is one of the best inside or good outside...Then I'd say it's worth it and I didn't like the pick. Move him inside now and put Martin at C. Trade for a RT even if it's last year of contract. We can give Leatherwood a chance at RT again next year but with James at C we need to put a vet there like Martin and slide Leatherwood inside where he's played in college at times to get him use to NFL speed/pressure. Willie Roaf played RT his rookie year then went to LT. Sometimes you just have to get the best 5 on the field and a solid RT with Leatherwood inside is better than ANYTHING with James at Center. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... I can't take them serious until they check their egos with regards to James. It's so Gruden... literally said Monday, he's not going to panic with the Oline. Week 5 and he's already moving his #17 overall pick to G and starting another bum he over drafted. 

It'd be one thing if they signed a vet RT and moved Pleatherwood to RG, but as you said... he's being replaced by the guy they spent the #17 overall to replace in the first place. That's the most Raiders thing I've ever seen. 

Definitely true about James. But what I think is that benching James would be the more embarrassing move which is why I feel like they haven’t done it yet. With Leatherwood playing guard and least you could say that he still starting

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If they truly are giving up on the RT experiment after 4 games, heaven help us that is some poor work in the draft. 

We should trade our 1-3 round picks for players like the Rams.  We'd be better off just trading for proven players.