What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

17 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Made it through White Bear and Waldo from season 2 of Black Mirror. Those were easily the best so far. I think Waldo was the best though. It mirrored our society just last week when Clay Travis put up 20k for someone to say "Boobs" on CNNs New Years Eve show.

you are the first i've ever heard that's liked waldo lol. easily the worst for me, personally.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

you are the first i've ever heard that's liked waldo lol. easily the worst for me, personally.

It was creepy and scary because its the closest to reality that Ive seen so far. I could easily see something like that happening in our society. Some might argue it has with us having a celebrity as president.

The National Anthem - 2/10
Fifteen Million Merits - 5/10
The Entire History of You - 6/10

Be Right Back - 6/10
White Bear - 7/10
The Waldo Moment - 6/10
White Christmas - 9/10

Nosedive - 6/10
Playtest - 8/10
Shut Up and Dance - 5/10
San Junipero - 6/10

Black Mirror is really well done, but I find myself hating the episodes at the end.  I don't watch this show for liking it though.  It's a really fun show to watch because it makes you do a lot of the work early on in each episode, and it's really fun unraveling the hook and where each episode goes.  This starts with the second episode, and it's present in almost every episode.  It's really good writing, too, mostly because the writers aren't forced to disclose necessary elements about where or even when the episode takes place.  I think that's the biggest draw to this show.  I've learned to keep watching for that reason alone and to anticipate those really good episodes that it's capable of. 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Based on everybody here and everywhere else, I finally decided to give Black Mirror a shot.  I just finished the first season and... Does this get good?  There was nothing special or even good about any episode in all of season one. 

Just so you know, it's not horror.  ;)  

I liked the first episode.  Had no idea what it was about - it sucked me in.  Looking forward to Ep 2.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The National Anthem - 2/10
Fifteen Million Merits - 5/10
The Entire History of You - 6/10

Be Right Back - 6/10
White Bear - 7/10
The Waldo Moment - 6/10
White Christmas - 9/10

Nosedive - 6/10
Playtest - 8/10
Shut Up and Dance - 5/10
San Junipero - 6/10

Black Mirror is really well done, but I find myself hating the episodes at the end.  I don't watch this show for liking it though.  It's a really fun show to watch because it makes you do a lot of the work early on in each episode, and it's really fun unraveling the hook and where each episode goes.  This starts with the second episode, and it's present in almost every episode.  It's really good writing, too, mostly because the writers aren't forced to disclose necessary elements about where or even when the episode takes place.  I think that's the biggest draw to this show.  I've learned to keep watching for that reason alone and to anticipate those really good episodes that it's capable of. 

National Anthem-1/10
Fifteen Million Merits-4/10
Entire History of You-4/10

Be Right Back-4/10
White Bear-8/10
Waldo Movement-9/10

Thats what Ive got so far. Im pretty different from most people from the looks of it. 

15 hours ago, devils1854 said:

National Anthem-1/10
Fifteen Million Merits-4/10
Entire History of You-4/10

Be Right Back-4/10
White Bear-8/10
Waldo Movement-9/10

Thats what Ive got so far. Im pretty different from most people from the looks of it. 

White Christmas was excellent. Love me some Jon Hamm.

Finished up Ozark and Dark last night. Really liked both shows, Gonna have to watch Dark again to really understand what the hell I just watched, felt like I missed quite a few things. 

Now debating on watching Mindhunter, The Killing, American Vandal or Mr. Robot. Watched the first few episodes of Mindhunter and i found it to be rather boring, might try and stick it out though. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

46 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

^^ I liked Mindhunter and think it's worth sticking with. I also think American Vandal was the best show of 2017 and would highly recommend it.

It was hilarious and definitely worth a watch but I wouldn't call it that. Borderline top 10 though.

Anyone seen "The end of the f***ing world?" new show on netflix and I"m wondering if I should watch it.

American Vandel was great. It was at least one of the funniest shows of 2017. 

As for Black Mirror season 4 my rankings are

6. Arkangel

5. Metalhead

4. USS Calister

3. Black Museum

2. Crocodile

1. Hang the DJ

The top 4 were really good with 2-4 being relatively interchangeable while metalhead was meh and Arkangel sucked.