What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 4/17/2024 at 3:24 PM, adamq said:

Watched the first episode of Baby Reindeer on Netflix and that was more uncomfortable and creepy than anything I can remember watching in a long time

Well we finally finished this last night. A very disturbing and complicated story, I have a lot of respect for Gadd putting this all out there.

Started Fargo season 5.. the Coens never miss for me

• Like 1

Finished The Americans.  Season 1 was good.  Season 2-4 were incredible.  Either 3 or 4 would be my favorite.

Season 5 was pretty underwhelming.  I don't mind a show going at a slow pace (I like BCS after all) but you can't do it in the 5th season after you have been going at full speed in the prior seasons.  It screws up the character development.

I don't know how I feel about Season 6.  The writing and dialogue was weaker.  A lot of plot points were ignored or forgotten by the end.  Elizabeth's character is a drag by this point.  Picks up in the second half of the season but doesn't feel as polished or creative as the earlier seasons.

Edited by iknowcool

23 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Finished The Americans.  Season 1 was good.  Season 2-4 were incredible.  Either 3 or 4 would be my favorite.

Season 5 was pretty underwhelming.  I don't mind a show going at a slow pace (I like BCS after all) but you can't do it in the 5th season after you have been going at full speed in the prior seasons.  It screws up the character development.

I don't know how I feel about Season 6.  The writing and dialogue was weaker.  A lot of plot points were ignored or forgotten by the end.  Elizabeth's character is a drag by this point.  Picks up in the second half of the season but doesn't feel as polished or creative as the earlier seasons.

That's exactly how I felt about 24.  It started to drag in the last two seasons, but when they decided that the 8th season was the last a third of the way in, the action and writing went back to top notch as they tried to wrap up the whole thing.  

On 4/24/2024 at 8:53 AM, adamq said:

Well we finally finished this last night. A very disturbing and complicated story, I have a lot of respect for Gadd putting this all out there.

we watched the first two episodes the other night. Definitely disturbing. Ready to get to the rest of it. 

• Like 1

About halfway through Knuckles. It’s… fine, I guess. Like bits of humor between Wade and Knux and they have good chemistry, but it could definitely use more character development. I was hoping we’d see Knuckles gradually adapt to the new (human) world in this series, which the first episode teases, and… it doesn’t really do that. Moreover, it definitely feels more like a Wade show than a Knuckles show as it progresses.

It’s not a bad watch, I just feel like they could’ve done more with it, which appears to be the general consensus of it.

Though it’s not mandatory-viewing for Sonic movie 3 like the Marvel shows are for the movies, which may explain why the arcs are so by-the-numbers. Marvel/Disney got a lot of flack for forcing you to watch the D+ shows to be up-to-speed (no pun intended) on the phase 4 movies and it looks like they were trying to avoid that can of worms here.

Edited by KManX89

On 4/24/2024 at 8:53 AM, adamq said:

we finally finished last night, I couldn't imagine living the life he has.

The ups and downs were unreal. It was disturbing I agree, but it was a very well acted show and told his unreal story.

I also have mad respect for him telling his story. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 7:03 AM, THE DUKE said:

I've really been enjoying season 2 of Will Trent, but they just completely nuked the credibility of one of their biggest supporting characters.

I used to just kinda watch this as background noise.  Dude has a fun weird accent.  But lately i find myself actually paying attention a little more.  Idk if it's actually gotten better, or just a coincidence.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, nagahide13 said:

I watched Reacher season 2 recently. It's terrible.

Season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 completely fell off a cliff.

Yeah.  It really felt like it went in a completely different direction.  Like they hired an entirely different team to write and produce it, from top to bottom.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I used to just kinda watch this as background noise.  Dude has a fun weird accent.  But lately i find myself actually paying attention a little more.  Idk if it's actually gotten better, or just a coincidence.

Yeah.  It really felt like it went in a completely different direction.  Like they hired an entirely different team to write and produce it, from top to bottom.

Idk if it was because season 1 was so great being centered in a small town, that it spoiled future seasons, with trying to go bigger. Might enjoy a more small contained story. Even though I know it can’t be the case.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It has its ups and downs but it hits pretty good some of the time.