What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

On a related note, i finally got around to watching Ahsoka.  And my main questions are: who wrote that, and why?  And just...how did it get the go ahead at all?

There was plenty of cool Star Wars feeling sets, costumes, and props and things.  But other than that...the entire thing just felt like somebody found a stack of random low budget fantasy witches and wizards scripts kicking around and decided to make it a Star Wars show.  By covering it in Star Wars trappings.  But having...basically nothing to do with any actual Star Wars lore or drawing on some of the most incredible world building imaginable.

Reveal hidden contents

Like Intergalactic Space Whales?  **** off.  😆

Other than the Anakin stuff, it really wasn’t a good show. Don’t even get me started on Sabine being able to go from pulling her lightsaber for the first time to immediately launching Ezra in the air over a great distance. Just stupid

• Like 1

Started watching "The Trades" and it's...i'm not really sure if i like it or not.  It feels like it's trying to walk a line between Trailer Park Boys and Letterkenny.  Basically trying to make Trailer Park Boys more "mainstream" acceptable.

And it's got some pretty funny things, but i'm not really sure if it's hitting the mark yet.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:49 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Other than the Anakin stuff, it really wasn’t a good show. Don’t even get me started on Sabine being able to go from pulling her lightsaber for the first time to immediately launching Ezra in the air over a great distance. Just stupid

People being way too good with lightsabers way too easy and without any training or attenuation to the force and their instincts, and sometimes without any force inclination whatsoever, is one of the most infuriating constants throughout the entire DisneyWars era.

Just the number of "bad guys" they've invented and normalized who have no force sensitivity whatsoever, but some variation of "staff/wand/sword/thing" that stops lightsabers is truly staggeringly stupid.  Especially after seeing that there is almost nothing that a lightsaber cannot penetrate through the OT and Prequels.

And that's not even the biggest problem, where the entire point of lightsaber fighting is about force anticipation and intuition that makes it seem like they have reflexes to see things before they happen.  The same **** that made Anakin such a great Podracer.  Even a clumsy force attuned chud, jedi, sith, whatever, should easily wipe the floor with a random with a "lightsaber stopping wand" or whatever.

Edited by Tugboat

Yellowstone

Yeah, I'm not really sure what I think of it. Loved Rip and Jimmy. Don't really give two ****s about anyone else in the entire show. Season 5 just felt like a colossal waste of time so far. Jamie might be the dumbest TV character I've ever seen for someone that's supposed to be smart. You can tell that Taylor Sheridan was part of SoA because it's got some of the same lazy SoA writing tho Sheridan's a better writer than Kurt Sutter. I was a SoA fan but that's because I was drawn to the characters more than the show. This show didn't gimme that same feel. It tried but it missed that mark for me.

I’m rewatching Last Man on Earth and this could have been such a great series.

The first season should have just been Will Forte alone as the Last Man on Earth. There shouldn’t have been another character introduced until the end of the first season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yellowstone

Yeah, I'm not really sure what I think of it. Loved Rip and Jimmy. Don't really give two ****s about anyone else in the entire show. Season 5 just felt like a colossal waste of time so far. Jamie might be the dumbest TV character I've ever seen for someone that's supposed to be smart. You can tell that Taylor Sheridan was part of SoA because it's got some of the same lazy SoA writing tho Sheridan's a better writer than Kurt Sutter. I was a SoA fan but that's because I was drawn to the characters more than the show. This show didn't gimme that same feel. It tried but it missed that mark for me.

Starting to feel like the second half of the last season is never going to come out.