What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 3/12/2024 at 8:51 PM, THE DUKE said:

It's hard to think of a show falling off as hard as Ozark has in season four. I've got a couple of episodes left but I don't see the stupid spiral stopping at this point. I saw the decline starting mid season three but there was still a lot of merit, but it's just gotten worse.

Ruth’s closing arc is worth it.
The Byrdes’… is for the birds. 

On 3/15/2024 at 7:50 PM, iknowcool said:

Why did it take me so long to watch The Americans?  So good.

I find myself wondering this a lot.

I started it, enjoyed it.  But i never seem to stick with it.

I think it kind of skirts to close to the line between a "show that makes me a bit sleepy" or is a little bit too easy to just blitz through in the background, and a "show that i really want to focus on and watch attentively".  And for the latter component, there's just such a list of other stuff in the queue that keeps bumping it.  But it's not really a "background watching" show either.

On a related note, i finally got around to watching Ahsoka.  And my main questions are: who wrote that, and why?  And just...how did it get the go ahead at all?

There was plenty of cool Star Wars feeling sets, costumes, and props and things.  But other than that...the entire thing just felt like somebody found a stack of random low budget fantasy witches and wizards scripts kicking around and decided to make it a Star Wars show.  By covering it in Star Wars trappings.  But having...basically nothing to do with any actual Star Wars lore or drawing on some of the most incredible world building imaginable.

Spoiler

Like Intergalactic Space Whales?  **** off.  😆

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

On a related note, i finally got around to watching Ahsoka.  And my main questions are: who wrote that, and why?  And just...how did it get the go ahead at all?

There was plenty of cool Star Wars feeling sets, costumes, and props and things.  But other than that...the entire thing just felt like somebody found a stack of random low budget fantasy witches and wizards scripts kicking around and decided to make it a Star Wars show.  By covering it in Star Wars trappings.  But having...basically nothing to do with any actual Star Wars lore or drawing on some of the most incredible world building imaginable.

Reveal hidden contents

Like Intergalactic Space Whales?  **** off.  😆

Those didn't originate in Ahsoka, that was a holdover from Rebels, just like Sabine and Ezra.

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Those didn't originate in Ahsoka, that was a holdover from Rebels, just like Sabine and Ezra.

Well i can stand smugly satisfied on my decision to give up on Rebels after like two or three episodes as well then.  😆

I mean, Star Wars at it's core, has always clearly been a form of "Epic Fantasy" with science fiction trappings.  But a lot of what they're doing, and particularly came out in Ahsoka, really pulls back the veil on it in a way that i do not care for one bit in my Star Wars experience.

I enjoy a lot of fantasy shows too and would love to see more interesting, well-funded projects greenlit in that vein as well.  But i don't like when they go crossing swords like this.  Figuratively, and literally...as it were.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

Well i can stand smugly satisfied on my decision to give up on Rebels after like two or three episodes as well then.  😆

For the first season, I totally get it.  I thought season 1 was tough to get through at points.  Season two is definitely an improvement, and seasons 3 and 4 are every bit as good as any season of Clone Wars.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

For the first season, I totally get it.  I thought season 1 was tough to get through at points.  Season two is definitely an improvement, and seasons 3 and 4 are every bit as good as any season of Clone Wars.

Clone Wars was a real struggle for me too.  But i slogged through it at least.  Retained very little.  😆

Childish "soft" animation is not something that resonates with me at all.  So unless the content is phenomenal or i'm very driven to watch it for some reason, i'm going to space out.

Tried the Bad Batch and immediately noped out of that too.  Just can't do it.  Especially not anything that's got more...

Spoiler

******* Intergalactic Space Whales.

😆

• Like 1