2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

but at some point they need to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he'll make up for that lost time

i also think if he wasn't weaver's first roster move as gm, he would've been traded by now. but that probably says more about weaver than hayes

Yeah, at some point they need to give up the benefit of the doubt. Probably not less than 1 full season of NBA into his career, though. Why would they trade him? Give him the rest of this year and next year. It’s not like we’re going to be competing for a championship in the next two years. This is a guy who is trying to figure out how to play in the NBA and how to live in a foreign country. Why would any respectable FO pull the plug on him so quickly? If he has played every game this year and last and was doing this badly, maybe I could see it, but he’s played 57 games. 

35 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, at some point they need to give up the benefit of the doubt. Probably not less than 1 full season of NBA into his career, though. Why would they trade him? Give him the rest of this year and next year. It’s not like we’re going to be competing for a championship in the next two years. This is a guy who is trying to figure out how to play in the NBA and how to live in a foreign country. Why would any respectable FO pull the plug on him so quickly? If he has played every game this year and last and was doing this badly, maybe I could see it, but he’s played 57 games. 

i definitely don't think they should trade him this year (especially because his value is probably as close to literally nothing as it gets) but this is the same group that traded sekou after 94 games for dead money and a bunch of picks in the 50s so nothing would surprise me. there were lots of people sunk cost fallacy-ing going into this past draft saying they shouldn't pick cade because they already have hayes and if you end up with a pick this year where ivey or another guard is the best player left i don't think you should look further down your draft board just because you already have this guy on your roster, assuming he doesn't show any signs of improvement between now and then

but casey also doesn't seem like he knows how to utilize these constant two (or three, seriously dwane wtf) pg lineups and it's hard to envision killian having any breakthrough moments when he spends 75% of their possessions bolted into the corner

Toronto has the best home court advantage of any team in NBA history. You basically have to leave all of your best players behind when you play there because if they test positive for Covid-19 then they have to remain in Toronto for at least 14 days. Good job NBA.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Toronto has the best home court advantage of any team in NBA history. You basically have to leave all of your best players behind when you play there because if they test positive for Covid-19 then they have to remain in Toronto for at least 14 days. Good job NBA.

After playing in Tampa last season I’ll take it. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

I guess I couldn’t be too shocked if that were to happen but I do think it’ll be a last resort. 

Canada's current quarantine procedures basically ensure that no team is going to bring any good rotational players up there and you're playing in an empty stadium. It's unfortunate but it may be the only solution until the pandemic is slowed down.